Thread: Verizon getting rid of unlimited data plans

Mister Eff is offline Gone fishin -Hacks God

Default Verizon getting rid of unlimited data plans

Verizon's been telegraphing its intent to drop unlimited data plans for nearly a year, and despite the fact that LTE smartphones launched with all-you-can-eat options, those plans haven't changed one bit. Reuters reports that Verizon will finally nix the megabyte buffet this summer, replacing it with a fully tiered data pricing scheme, though CFO Fran Shammo also floated the idea that tiered data could open up an avenue for family data plans. We've never really enjoyed sharing minutes, so we doubt counting our kilobytes will be much fun, but we suppose there's always room for Verizon to pleasantly surprise us with a really low price for mobile web browsing. Right? By the by, Fran also reiterated claims that the next iPhone will be a global device, and said that when it launches on AT&T, it'll hit Verizon stores at the very same time.
    Source: http://www.engadget.com/2011/05/19/v...s-this-summer/

Demonchild is offline #thatguy -Hacks Titan

Sprint & T-Mobile ftw.

Guide for M33 firmwares | Install DCv8 |PS3 Hacking Thread

PSP: 6.60 PRO-B10 | PS3: 4.30 | Xbox: LT+ v3.0 [Li-On] | G2x: CM 7.2 Nightly
    Twitter

Jsamp is offline Outa time -Hacks Titan

Im leery of this but also hopeful. Its possible it could save me money since there are 2 smartphones in my house having $60 in fees just from the Internet. Overall I dont need that much data on my phone. I usually only google phone numbers, the occasional map, stream Pandora and the occasional vcast mobile for my kids to keep them entertained. My gf mostly uses facebook and thats about it. I wouldnt mind mind paying less if I can stay within range. I signed a 2 year contract I wonder how is this going to affect us? If the new data plans suck are we gonna be grand fathered in?

junKie is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Demonchild View Post
    Sprint & T-Mobile ftw.
    Hellz yeah!

Rewdboy05 is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Hacker

Quote Originally Posted by Jsamp View Post
    Im leery of this but also hopeful. Its possible it could save me money since there are 2 smartphones in my house having $60 in fees just from the Internet. Overall I dont need that much data on my phone. I usually only google phone numbers, the occasional map, stream Pandora and the occasional vcast mobile for my kids to keep them entertained. My gf mostly uses facebook and thats about it. I wouldnt mind mind paying less if I can stay within range. I signed a 2 year contract I wonder how is this going to affect us? If the new data plans suck are we gonna be grand fathered in?
    They can't change your contract without giving you the option to terminate the agreement meaning they would lose money on the phone they gave you that deep discount on for signing a two year contract. Because of that it makes better business sense for them to grandfather current contracts in especially with the knowledge that it only effects them for a maximum of two years.

wookieturd is offline -Hacks Newbie

ive had an iphone with att since they came out and was told by several customer service reps in stores and via the phone that i would always keep my unlimited data on my phones. im sure that verizon would do the same. they also told me that after my 2 years were up i could change my plan to one of the tiers or if i wanted to do tethering through my iphone i would have to change to the tiered plans.