Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best Android Tablet for less than $300?

Organized_Chaos is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Default Best Android Tablet for less than $300?

I'm looking at the gTablet ($249.99). Are there any better options out there under $300? I would really like a 10" screen, 1GHz processor, and a host USB port.

Powerslave is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

That's a pretty decent tablet. There are not many options at all, for Capacitance multi-touch screens for under $300.00 with 1+Ghz CPU. Unless, you want to go complete Hong Kong knock-off, and take your chances there. I think that one is a single core, which is very average, for a single core system with what's out there now. Another $50.00 can get you a dual core one, if you look HARD.

I bought a brand new Arnova 101 for $100.00, it is decent. There are custom Android 2.1 and 2.2 firmwares for it, with the real Google Market, but 2.2 is a little buggy yet. It is a decent tablet, but not a multi-touch.

I have been keeping my Eye on that specific Viewsonic, and it has come down. Every once in a while, you can catch that Acer Iconia for $299.99 on the woot deal sites. They had one for $349.99 recently, refurb, but still full MFR warranty.

Mister Eff is offline Gone fishin -Hacks God

The HP touchpad will be the cheapest tablet running android pretty soon.

Yeah, if you GOT one. You can't get them anymore, and the people who bought them up are still raping people with pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerslave View Post
    I bought a brand new Arnova 101 for $100.00, it is decent. There are custom Android 2.1 and 2.2 firmwares for it, with the real Google Market, but 2.2 is a little buggy yet. It is a decent tablet, but not a multi-touch.
    Whether something has multi-touch is controlled by the software right, not the hardware? (as long as it has a capacitive touchscreen, of course?)

Or is that wrong?

Right, but most of the El'Cheap'o tablets are resistive touch. I think there is ONE or ver few that are resistive tablets that can do DUAL touch, but not multi, that's mostly Capacitive.

The Arnova was 199.99, and is down to 169.99 new. I got it new for $100 +10.00 shipping on Ebay. It started at 15.00, and I put a MAX bid in at 100.00. I was lucky, I guess people gave up on bidding, and Whaddya know, I got it for $110.00 total when it was $199.99 retail... IS a nice one...

Dookie is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

I think you should just Up your budget by $100 (if possible) and get the transformer. If it were me I wouldn't wanna spend the $300 on something really outdated if I can get something newer for just a bill more
    XBL - PhantomRampage - PSN

Hmm.. Maybe I'll wait a few months. After Christmas I will have a little extra cash and the prices may go down a little more. The Transform looks nice, I like the keyboard dock... maybe I'll go for that one.

ERIFNOMI is offline oops -Hacks Titan

I wanted the to HTC Puccini (now called the Jetstream on AT&T) but $1K? No. I'm sorry but that's way too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Eff View Post
    The HP touchpad will be the cheapest tablet running android pretty soon.
    Oh yeah, you see they got multi-touch working? Exciting.

Mister Eff is offline Gone fishin -Hacks God

Quote Originally Posted by ERIFNOMI View Post
    I wanted the to HTC Puccini (now called the Jetstream on AT&T) but $1K? No. I'm sorry but that's way too much.

Oh yeah, you see they got multi-touch working? Exciting.
    Yea, I saw that. Ten point multi-touch.

My ex bought the ePad apparently. I can't help but laugh when she posts on Facebook how happy she is about it. Especially when the internet is already not working well for her on it and she doesn't even know that it isn't the router that it is her ePad.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast