Thread: How hard is it to root an HTC Droid Incredible 2?

Lourde Incarnadine is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Default How hard is it to root an HTC Droid Incredible 2?

Android v2.2.1

Whole reason I got a smartphone was in anticipation of the PSV this winter; I was hoping to use the phone as a wireless hotspot so I didn't have to go to AT&T. Sadly, turns out the carrier expects you to pay an additional $20/month for something that they have absolutely nothing to DO with, a function of the phone and OS, on top of the normal data plan... bad form IMHO.

So, yeah... I see plenty of stuff about rooting Incredible 1, but how hard is it to root an Incredible 2? Impossible? Tech-savvy only? Dummy-proof? It's not exactly time-critical, I can wait if there's something out that's still in the iffy beta stage that still needs work.

Currently running: PSP1001 with 5.50 GEN-B2 + Mystic Silver PSP3001 with 6.20 PRO B-9 (perma-patched).
    Rooted HTC Droid Incredible 2, CyanogenMod 7 v7.1.0-beta1.

Dookie is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

Should be fairly simple if the incredible 2 is actually the S

http://alpharev.nl/x/beta/

after you run that it will S-OFF your phone, then you can flash a custom recovery and then a custom ROM
    XBL - PhantomRampage - PSN

Lourde Incarnadine is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Actually, it lists the Droid Incredible 2 as well as the S... think I'll keep an eye on this. Maybe once it gets out of beta.

:EDIT: Well, brother just rooted his Thunderbolt. Sibling rivalry: ENGAGE! I refuse to be outgeeked in this, damnit!

Plus I'm envious of that battery life he's getting out of custom ROMs free of the carrier's bloatware. Hopefully this weekend I'll get it pulled off. AFAIK everything I've downloaded via Amazon will still be available for re-download, and the carrier's backup app should take care of my contacts. Just need to make a list of shit from the Android Market that I want to re-download and remember where I found NESoid and GameBoid. <_<

::EDIT2: w00t! Or rather, r00t! XD Guess this topic can be closed now, unless y'all want to leave it so the non-PSP forums don't feel as empty...
    Currently running: PSP1001 with 5.50 GEN-B2 + Mystic Silver PSP3001 with 6.20 PRO B-9 (perma-patched).
    Rooted HTC Droid Incredible 2, CyanogenMod 7 v7.1.0-beta1.