The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!

Would you like to get all the new buzz from Dashhacks in your email each day?

Want to learn more about the team who brings you the Dash Hacks news?

Read about them now!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Phones. phones? phones!

Fresh Bryce is offline -Hacks Ninja

nothing special, Sony Ericsson W200a. Got it for a good price.

nedthehead is offline Senior Member -Hacks Monk

iPhone here.

It's hit and miss: I love the UI, like the 8GB, like the music playing capabilties, WiFi, mail, 3rd party applications, and everything you can do once unlocked.

The other hand is that the GUI is slow, VERY buggy, the touchscreen sucks, and it is hard to sync/transfer data to/from it.

If you don't want a smartphone though, get a Sony Ericsson. Had a W600i for three years and it looks and preforms the exact way it did out of the box.

Scribble = Idk, if someone randomly punched in the STOMACH it wouldn't really hurt, especially if it was a girl. I think though, it's because I have lots of stomach muscle and that my stomach would automatically flex.

canurollwiththis is offline -Hacks Veteran

I got the tmobile g1. Phone does everything plus more. Full keyboard is what really sold me on the phone, it's the same keyboard as the sidekick so it's really posh for texting

Skv0ra is offline -Hacks Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by nedthehead View Post
    ...the touchscreen sucks...
    First guy who doesn't like it and has an iphone, kudos.

Quote Originally Posted by canurollwiththis View Post
    I got the tmobile g1.
    How is it? HTC are generally very meh out of the box and after mods and even more meh when it comes to battery life.
    << Blog, clicky ckicly!

Games like a Grrl is offline Senior Member -Hacks Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan 117 View Post
    HTC XV6900 Pocket PC phone, love it, works great, its really handy for work
    Nice, I wanna get me a touch, though I've seen the Touch HD, amazing. Got me a G1 myself, the battery and GPS absolutely suck, but there will be a better gps app eventually, and I guess I can live with the battery life, or lack of it.

jdm0830 is offline -Hacks Ninja

currently i use the iphone 3g. the touch screen is actually the sht. i have used other touch screens, and this one is the best imo. The GUI is buggy as fuck, random crashes, but i think that is do to unlock and all the themeing shti have. Its no secret that the OS is unstable, lol.

before this bad bitch i had the blackjack 2. wine red, never gonna get anoth windows phone. before that i had a ROKR E6, lots of potential, but motorola dropped the ball. before that the Razr, the ORIGINAL RAZR not that bs v3r or what ever lol. before that i had two or three virginmobile prepaid phones. From the razr to now, i have hacked every phone....once i see that you canhook it to a pc, its getting hacked lol. (or modded, since im not much of an actual hacker)

Juan

PC games FTW!

Links 2 3 4 is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Blackjack II.

I love it.

Ibuprofen is offline -Hacks Veteran

jailbroken iphone 3g

birthday present.. no complaints

Skv0ra is offline -Hacks Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by jdm0830 View Post
    before that i had a ROKR E6, lots of potential, but motorola dropped the ball. before that the Razr, the ORIGINAL RAZR not that bs v3r or what ever lol. Juan
    E6, save the OS and horrid touch screen, was rather solid, but alas. I stuck with moto to at least have usb charge and easily moddable FW until I saw other companies make exactly what I wanted. Didn't see a point in tryin out phones I knew I wouldn't really like for this or that reason. What started to tire me were Moto's juix platforms that sucked the life right out and didn't do much good.

So I got Q9h as a hybrid. Decent, decent, decent phone aside from rather weak hardware. Didn't have to mod a thing to be able to use it to my fullest, but it was somewhat laggy and ringtone options were nearly non-existant. Its bundled extended battery and the BEST qwerty kept me with it until now.

E71 is, despite propriatory charger, good to go out of the box with all connectivity options you can imagine and very flexible OS. I'm not bothered by lack of mods ina phone when they aren't needed to squeeze every penny out of it. Then life is pretty good with gps and edge, though I'm yet to redline it in each category. Thus far I've been playing with everything since Monday night and it still has 3/7 bars. Never imagined I'd see something so thin last so long.
    << Blog, clicky ckicly!

Xitherun is offline sleepy -Hacks Titan

LG CU500. http://www.lge.com/products/model/detail/cu500.jhtml

nothing special, but it works for what I want; calling people.

I want the G1 though.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast