The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!

Would you like to get all the new buzz from Dashhacks in your email each day?

Want to learn more about the team who brings you the Dash Hacks news?

Read about them now!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Phones. phones? phones!

des343 is offline Banned -Hacks Guru

I currently have a Samsung blast...i'm not into over the top...

Skv0ra is offline -Hacks Veteran

Well, unless you have obsession with mobile net, for which unlim data is a must, smartphones and qwert's are rather useless. Also, unless you're stereo bluetooth junkie fancier phones, now with battery focus, are useless as well.

I think 3.5mm jack is overrated for phones. Having a wire gets annoying and usually phones only have so much memory for music besides other junk. Battery life and bluetooth is the way IMO since unlike MOST players, phones do sport it and are designed to use it well.
    << Blog, clicky ckicly!

des343 is offline Banned -Hacks Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Skv0ra View Post
    Well, unless you have obsession with mobile net, for which unlim data is a must, smartphones and qwert's are rather useless. Also, unless you're stereo bluetooth junkie fancier phones, now with battery focus, are useless as well.

I think 3.5mm jack is overrated for phones. Having a wire gets annoying and usually phones only have so much memory for music besides other junk. Battery life and bluetooth is the way IMO since unlike MOST players, phones do sport it and are designed to use it well.
    I have internet and unlimited data...on my Blast.

I mean the internet is more than usable..though i dont care to use it much. As far as what a phone can hold...memory cards...some phones support up to 8 gigs i THINK..i know 4 gigs..mine only supports up to a 2 gig card..but that is more than enough for me..as i dont listen to mp3 players much and dont even own one..so my phone is fine for my uses..a 3.5 jack would be very nice..but not needed its just annoying to have to buy specific headphones...and yes i get GREAT battery life as far as im concerned...damn phone will be with no bars of battery for HOURS...and thats with use.

The qwerty keyboard is very nice...as i text a lot..cuz i dont like to actually TALK on the phone much.

I dont care for phones that are touch screen only...that is where i kind of draw the line on my phone choices. But i mostly aim for simple yet useful.

dracule is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Qwerty keyboard is a must for me. I honestly couldn't imagine texting without it

To be honest after having an ipod touch for a week, the is on the iPhone is excelent and is easy to see how it has been such a hit. Heck even my mom can use it.

However I have an sch-u740 the one that flips both ways. It ain't much but it I all I got.

Fd! will forever be my hero. Please take the time to vote for my group for Ecomagination: here Thanks for voting FD., Jibbz, OGTiago, Scorpus, Jsamp, killaj

kixofmyg0t is offline -Hacks Neophyte

My current phone is a Blackberry Pearl 8100 that my wife bought unlocked for me online. I LOVE this phone. Can't wait till I get back to the states so I can have internet access on it without paying an arm and a leg every month.

As a backup I have a Sony W810i Walkman phone. I had that thing in Iraq and it worked like a charm. I really liked that it uses MS pro duo so I could take pics with it and pop the MS into my PSP and could view them. I don't think I'll ever get rid of it either, it survived Iraq and I'm gonna keep it as my "WWIII emergency" phone. I was still able to call people even with all of our counter-IED stuff on-which scared the crap out of my chain-of-command.

Quote Originally Posted by kixofmyg0t View Post
    My current phone is a Blackberry Pearl 8100 that my wife bought unlocked for me online. I LOVE this phone. Can't wait till I get back to the states so I can have internet access on it without paying an arm and a leg every month.

As a backup I have a Sony W810i Walkman phone. I had that thing in Iraq and it worked like a charm. I really liked that it uses MS pro duo so I could take pics with it and pop the MS into my PSP and could view them. I don't think I'll ever get rid of it either, it survived Iraq and I'm gonna keep it as my "WWIII emergency" phone. I was still able to call people even with all of our counter-IED stuff on-which scared the crap out of my chain-of-command.
    Wild. Maybe its just any handset with a GOOD antenna.
    << Blog, clicky ckicly!

gold2040 is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

Samsung J600

I don't have a need to get an IPhone/Smart Phone/Windows Mobile/Blackberry what such

long as it looks fairly nice and does the job, suits me fine
    PSPDosbox ---> Compatibility List
    Want to contribute, PM me

<< Blog, clicky ckicly!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4