Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The internet we all know and love could be at stake

spenc2005 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Exclamation The internet we all know and love could be at stake

gretings all at -hacks.com i have created this post tp inform you of the PROTECT IP act which is basically the bill that will legally allow ultimate censorship in the u.s. if a site or page "disagrees with profit's" companies can take it down without warrant and with full cooperation from isp and everyone in between this doesn't only apply to the piratebay and things like that but here. The act will also allow the removal of results from search engines. I posted this here because -hacks is a big target of sony and we all know that sony doesn't like homebrew and things like that ALOT. The bill has been around for awhile and nobody's been opposing it. We need people to do this the freedoms of the internet we all hold dear to us and that some take for granted might be at stake. This is a warning and a call to arms, anyone who wishes to fight for their internet freedoms that we all know and love need to stand up and take action NOW. I have attached a general letter to the public from activist group anonymous because they can explain things better than i can if we want to keep things the way they are right now then please spread this message to all Greetings.

Anonymous has a grave announcement to make to all users of the World Wide Web. The Internet you have come to take for granted has once again come under attack. Several interest groups have been successfully lobbying to consolidate internet censorship within the United States. They are rallying for the right to remove any websites they deem "inappropriate" and, ultimately, remove any content that disagrees with their profit margins, personal whims, or other agendas.

This new initiative is called the PROTECT IP Act:
    http://torrentfreak.com/u-s-to-intro...p-bill-110511/

This bill would allow the US Government to force ISPs and search engines to censor websites they do not like under the guise of "copyright protection." Instead of reducing piracy, this bill endangers the free flow of information. Through domain seizures, ISP blockades, search engine censorship, and the restriction of funding to websites accused of infringement, this bill promises to take Internet censorship to the next level. Furthermore, it violates the citizens' rights to due process, to free speech, to free expression and to legal representation at their hearing.

The Internet is a place where anyone and everyone can come together freely to share information and opinions. The freedom the Internet provides has served as a global aid for tens of millions of people facing oppressive regimes in places like Egypt, Tunisia and Iran, to name a few. All of this has been accomplished largely without interference from corporations, governments, or any other global institutions until now.

We must unite and stand up to those who wish to censor the Internet. We must not allow them the freedom to moderate information and decide what we are "permitted" to view. We must protect what is rightfully ours. We must protect the rights of the Internet.

You Are Anonymous
    You are legion
    You can not forgive.
    You can not forget.
    They should have expected us.

Auto-Merge: hey guys i am sorry i didn't mean to triple post this if an admin would be so kind to remove 2 of the other posts i would appreciate it sorry again

gold2040 is offline Senior Member -Hacks Veteran

ya, this is essentially a revision of the COICA bill that was passed
    PSPDosbox ---> Compatibility List
    Want to contribute, PM me

spenc2005 is offline -Hacks Newbie

I was wondering if we could post this in the ps3 and psp hacking sections sense they generate alot more traffic. I also beleive that this post would apply there also, I didn't want to post this in 3 different forums without permission so would that be okay?

Auto-Merge: I understand that but this revision is a BIG one that gives alot more power to companies. In my opinion too much power I hope that you will agree I'm in it for the homebrew and not for the piracy and so is everyone or at least most of the people here anyways.

Mister Eff is offline Gone fishin -Hacks God

No, that would not be ok. Leave it in chat or you will receive an Infraction for spamming. Thank you for asking, and if you are unsure about something feel free to read the rules.

Thank you

Jsamp is offline Outa time -Hacks Titan

They have been trying to do this for years anyway.

Cheesetheif is offline Senior Member -Hacks Monk

Your freedoms of speech is are belong to us.

Seriously I am just about to move up to canada if shit like this keeps happening. >_>

UnŽestŽiŠted™

ERIFNOMI is offline oops -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesetheif View Post
    Your freedoms of speech is are belong to us.

Seriously I am just about to move up to canada if shit like this keeps happening. >_>
    Can't the US government take the site down anyway? So even people in Canada can't get on. I thought that's what they wanted to do but I never really read anything about it.

Rewdboy05 is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Hacker

Quote Originally Posted by ERIFNOMI View Post
    Can't the US government take the site down anyway? So even people in Canada can't get on. I thought that's what they wanted to do but I never really read anything about it.
    They would be able to do that only if the servers were based in the US. Since the servers are elsewhere they would be able to block the US access to it and they could pressure the owners to remove the site but they couldn't just outright delete the site.

Jsamp is offline Outa time -Hacks Titan

The only real way people could fight back is just not to have the Internet. If it changes this drastically I wouldnt want it anyway. ISPs everywhere would sink if people stood up for themselves and everyone cancelled their services. Of course society as a whole are a bunch of pussies and let government/corporations shove their massive cock down everyones throat everyday.

Cheesetheif is offline Senior Member -Hacks Monk

The great firewall of America is apparently starting construction.

UnŽestŽiŠted™

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast