The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!

Would you like to get all the new buzz from Dashhacks in your email each day?

Want to learn more about the team who brings you the Dash Hacks news?

Read about them now!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 3ds getting a Price DROP

Lourde Incarnadine is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

No one else feels like Nintendo's 20+ year old sloppy seconds aren't worth $80? Anything I wanted on the NES or GBA, I've either got the original cart or got it on my PSP. Or my computer. Or my cell phone.

Be funny if their GBA selection included the GBA 'NES Classic' ports.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk
    Currently running: PSP1001 with 5.50 GEN-B2 + Mystic Silver PSP3001 with 6.20 PRO B-9 (perma-patched).
    Rooted HTC Droid Incredible 2, CyanogenMod 7 v7.1.0-beta1.

Rewdboy05 is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Hacker

Quote Originally Posted by Lourde Incarnadine View Post
    No one else feels like Nintendo's 20+ year old sloppy seconds aren't worth $80? Anything I wanted on the NES or GBA, I've either got the original cart or got it on my PSP. Or my computer. Or my cell phone.

Be funny if their GBA selection included the GBA 'NES Classic' ports.

No, but I thought the 3DS itself was worth $250 so getting the extra games is a nice bonus. I'm not the type of person who gets upset that other people can get something for less than what I got it for, I'm just not jealous like that, so it doesn't bother me that the price is dropping after I got mine.

The 3DS is a great system. The only gripe I can say for it is its current lack of great games but a decent number of great games have already been announced so I'm cool with that, I'm patient.

You, my friend, just sound like a Nintendo hater. I can understand that. Nintendo has taken more of a kid centered approach lately that has kind of alienated the core they built decades ago that is now in their 20's and 30's and wants a more mature game. While I can definitely understand the discontent many people are having with Nintendo I don't agree that their "family friendly" approach offers nothing for the adult market.

I never hated Nintendo, but they and I parted ways when I first saw the Wii. The 3DS always felt gimmicky and ludicrously overpriced to me, and the still-unimpressive software library doesn't do anything to change that. I see this price drop as a pretty good indicator how much they've been gouging their faithful, and I honestly don't understand how anyone could enjoy getting ripped off like that. You must make more money than I do.

Getting burned on the DSi didn't help either; a lot of completely useless or unused features that, if I had it to do over again, I wouldn't have given up my DSLite for.

As for the "ambassador program"... not impressed, but I will admit that it's better than Sony's "Welcome Hacked" program. 9_9
    Currently running: PSP1001 with 5.50 GEN-B2 + Mystic Silver PSP3001 with 6.20 PRO B-9 (perma-patched).

I never hated Nintendo, but they and I parted ways when I first saw the Wii. The 3DS always felt gimmicky and ludicrously overpriced to me, and the still-unimpressive software library doesn't do anything to change that. I see this price drop as a pretty good indicator how much they've been gouging their faithful, and I honestly don't understand how anyone could enjoy getting ripped off like that. You must make more money than I do.

Getting burned on the DSi didn't help either; a lot of completely useless or unused features that, if I had it to do over again, I wouldn't have given up my DSLite for.

As for the "ambassador program"... not impressed, but I will admit that it's better than Sony's "Welcome Hacked" program. 9_9
    Actually Nintendo is reportedly taking a loss on the 3DS after the price cut which means that they've been making less than $80 on each unit up until the drop. That's only a 32% gross profit at maximum. If you compare that to, say, Burger King (I use BK as an example because I used to manage one so I know what the profit margins are like) who will fire a GM if their gross profit is consistently under 60% I'd say that Nintendo isn't really gouging at all. Besides, shouldn't we expect Nintendo to want to make a profit?

I may or may not make more money than you but I can tell you that I don't make a whole lot. I just know how budget to help me get what I want.

On a side note, "Welcome Hacked." I hadn't heard that before. It gives me the chortles. Thanks.

Hey, at least it meant I got a legal PSN copy of Littlebigplanet for when I eventually get my PSV! But it was pretty unimpressive overall... Did Sony ever actually get around to doing that free movie thing they were talking about, or what?

Honestly, even if I had been stoked about the 3DS I'd still have waited; I haven't bought a system at launch since the Dreamcast. I'll get a 3DS sooner or later, but first I want to see some RPGs. I was waiting for the price drop, but I thought it would take longer than six months.

Hey, at least it meant I got a legal PSN copy of Littlebigplanet for when I eventually get my PSV! But it was pretty unimpressive overall... Did Sony ever actually get around to doing that free movie thing they were talking about, or what?

Honestly, even if I had been stoked about the 3DS I'd still have waited; I haven't bought a system at launch since the Dreamcast. I'll get a 3DS sooner or later, but first I want to see some RPGs. I was waiting for the price drop, but I thought it would take longer than six months.

I wouldn't hold my breath. I've loved RPGs since I was knee-high to a grasshopper but this generation just has not been kind to them. I blame it on the mainstream's insatiable appetite for FPSs and lack of patience for slow moving games. The only decent, current-gen RPG I can think of is Borderlands and even then it had to be an FPS hybrid in order to hold the attention of the masses.

That's one of the reasons I like to hack my consoles. I like to revisit classic RPGs a lot and it just makes it more convenient to be able to play them on my TV or handheld rather than my computer.

On this, we agree. If it weren't for handhelds, RPGs would be even more dead.

OGTiago is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

BlueIon is offline Zzzz -Hacks Ninja

Just no time to play video games anymore. Makes me sad. I probably won't buy this though maybe my brother might get one.

Cheesetheif is offline Senior Member -Hacks Monk

With the way that Nintendo has been since the DS and Wii, I will not get one of their system until a good game comes out on it that I really want to play. But that won't happen anytime in the foreseeable future.

Un®est®i©ted™

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast