The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!

Would you like to get all the new buzz from Dashhacks in your email each day?

Want to learn more about the team who brings you the Dash Hacks news?

Read about them now!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 3ds getting a Price DROP

Ryu
    Ryu is offline Super Mod of the Brood -Hacks Titan

Default 3ds getting a Price DROP

well the 3ds is getting a PRICE DROP, to $169.99 Aug 12th 2011

BUT
    if you DID buy it , early
    this IS good news

you get FREE GAME
    10 nes
    10 GBA

5 of the NES games
    1. Starting Sept. 1, Nintendo 3DS Ambassadors will be able to download 10 NES™ Virtual Console™ games at no charge and before they are available in the Nintendo eShop to the general public. These games, including Super Mario Bros.™, Donkey Kong Jr.™, Balloon Fight™, Ice Climber™ and The Legend of Zelda™, are slated to become paid downloadable games, but Ambassadors get them early for free. Once the paid versions of the games are posted to the Nintendo eShop later in the year, the updated versions will be available to Ambassadors for download at no cost.
    5 of the GBA games

2. By the end of 2011, Nintendo will provide Ambassadors with 10 Game Boy Advance Virtual Console games. These include games like Yoshi's Island™: Super Mario™ Advance 3, Mario Kart™: Super Circuit, Metroid™ Fusion, WarioWare™, Inc.: Mega Microgame$ and Mario vs. Donkey Kong™. These games will be available exclusively to Ambassadors, and Nintendo currently has no plans to make these 10 games available to the general public on the Nintendo 3DS in the future.
    it is all form Nintendo web page
    Source #1 (US announcement)
    Source #2 (Japan announcement)
    Source #3 (Australia announcement)
    Source #4 (Europe announcement)

PSP 1.5 got on USA first day is was 1.5 NOW 4.01 M33-2 -> 5.00 M33-6(1.50 addon),
    Old PS3s: PS3 60GB FW:3.41(2nd ps3 YLoD, 1st, YLoD)
    New PS3:
    Slim 160gb 01-21-2011 Working
    was 3.40 OFW->3.60 OFW

2nd PSP : PHAT 5.50 GEN-D2
    3rd PSP : Sliver 3000 Starting OFW:4.20 (NEW bought NEW on 11/28/2010)
    It a good idea to have "Hide extensions for known file types" in Folder Options(under Tool) unchecked (turn on extensions)

3DS FC:0301-9790-8019

iamafreak is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Thats a substantial price dorp... Nintendo is worried about Vita launch..

Lourde Incarnadine is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

They can afford to drop it, they overpriced the hell out of it because they knew the Wiitards would eat it up.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk
    Currently running: PSP1001 with 5.50 GEN-B2 + Mystic Silver PSP3001 with 6.20 PRO B-9 (perma-patched).
    Rooted HTC Droid Incredible 2, CyanogenMod 7 v7.1.0-beta1.

Powerslave is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by iamafreak View Post
    Thats a substantial price dorp... Nintendo is worried about Vita launch..
    And the low sales rate of the unit itself.

It was reported by many sites, that 3DS did not do so well week-1 in the US, especially at that hefty intro price, when everyone has a DS, DSi, and so on... It did less than the initial launch of the DS in 2004, by about 100k units less. Then Nintendo later reported that it did better than the DS launch, so which is it? I don't think it did well.

Was reported it did better in the UK for the first 2 days, but with 27K worth of pre-orders not translating into sales.

Then you have this news title: 3DS price cut by almost a third as Nintendo reports loss

As I figured...

The DSi had been on sale for 18 months before its price was cut, so this is a quick cut for Nintento. The 3DS had the highest launch price of any handheld Nintendo made.

Mere months after its launch, Nintendo is dropping the price of its 3DS handheld console to counter disappointing sales figures, Nintendo has announced that it will cut the price of the 3DS by nearly one third.

Nintendo revealed the worldwide price-cut as part of its first-quarter financial announcement on Thursday, in a clear attempt to head off a slump in market confidence.

Nintendo reported a first quarter operating loss of ¥37.7bn ($297m) and slashed its annual operating profit forecast to ¥35bn from an initial forecast of ¥175bn.

Announcing the price cut, Nintendo said: "So that we will be able to create momentum for Nintendo 3DS and accelerate its market penetration toward the year-end sales season, when the lineup for the applicable software shall be enriched, the company has decided to make this markdown."

Which is a tacit admission that in its short life so far, the 3DS has suffered from a dearth of killer games. The company took pains to point out that what it sees as the key 3DS games – Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 – will go on sale in November and December 2011 respectively.

The problem with reducing the price of consoles – especially so soon after launch – is that it breeds resentment among early adopters who paid the original price. Happily, Nintendo has moved to address such concerns: existing 3DS owners will be able to join what the company calls a Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Programme, entitling them to download 10 NES games plus 10 Game Boy and Game Boy Advance games for free.

All they will need to do to become 3DS Ambassadors is register on the 3DS' eShop before 12 August. Those free NES downloads will start to become available on 1 September, and will at least include stone-cold classics such as Super Mario Bros, Donkey Kong Jr and the original Legend of Zelda.

The free Game Boy Advance games will be made available later in the year, and will include the likes of Yoshi's Island, Super Mario Advance 3, Mario Kart: Super Circuit and Metroid Fusion. They will be exclusive to 3DS Ambassadors, thereby providing a modicum of one-upmanship.

No matter how Nintendo might spin the price cut, there's no getting away from the fact that it is a response to worse-than-expected 3DS sales, which is bad news for the company – over the years, Nintendo has taken pride in setting prices for its hardware which allow it to make a profit on every unit, unlike rivals such as Microsoft and Sony, which have sold their Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 consoles at a loss early in their life-cycles, in order to establish a foothold in the market.

The free download games will also ease the pain for those who, after 12 August, will feel they paid over the odds for their 3DS consoles. But 3DS sales will come under great scrutiny when this Christmas – the key annual period for games retail – comes around.

Zero is offline Ad Man -Hacks Titan

Give me those free games and a $169.99 CDN price and i'll pick one up. Otherwise, I will continue to ignore.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

jibbz is offline Banned -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Give me those free games, a $169.99 CDN price and a working flashcart. Otherwise, I will continue to ignore.
    Fixed for me.

kamenrider is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by jibbz View Post
    Fixed for me.
    2nd that

Rewdboy05 is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Hacker

I'm sure it's only a matter of time until the 3DS is hacked. I'm hoping it can be done with just the SD card rather than needing a flashcart but I'll take what I can get.

Jsamp is offline Outa time -Hacks Titan

Id probably get on when 3ds mode is hacked.

greg is offline PSP-Hacks -Hacks Titan

cool! I have a 3DS - I look forward to this!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast