Thread: Samsung seeks to block sales of iPhone 5 in Korea

Zero is offline Ad Man -Hacks Titan

Default Samsung seeks to block sales of iPhone 5 in Korea

Seems Samsung has reached it's peak with Apple and their ridiculous patent tolling.

Until now the Apple vs Samsung incidents taking place around the world have been a one sided attack on Samsung from Apple, and now Samsung is finally using their own power to strike back. And being the biggest electronics manufacturer in the world, Samsung will for sure make a ripple with this one.

A win in Korea could have a huge influence on the rest of the world's markets.

What the world needs now is more litigation to stifle technology innovation, and Samsung looks determined to*follow Apple's lead *and try to make it happen.* In an interview with the Korea Times, and unnamed senior executive from Samsung Electronics has said that Samsung is preparing to attempt to block all sales of the upcoming*iPhone *in Korea.* He also gives a bit of insight into the mind of Samsung corporate, telling us that Samsung was willing to let the "copycat" argument go so that the relationship with Apple (who uses Samsung parts in many of their products) was not put under stress.* Apple's complaint and subsuquent injunction against Samsung at IFA in Germany, which caused the highly anticipated*7.7 inch variant of the Galaxy Tab *to be pulled from the show, created a turning point of sorts, where Samsung has filed against Apple for technology patents in*Australia .* In Korea, Samsung is preparing to say that unless Apple drops mobile telecommunication functions from it's iPhone, it would be impossible for it not to infringe on Samsung's mobile patents.* The patents in question, as well as the total number, were not identified.* As a result, Samsung wants all sales of the new iPhone blocked in Korea. It saddens me to see Samsung follow this path.* Competition is healthy for the entire mobile eco-system, and having an "eye for an eye" attitude only hurts the consumer.* Unfortunateley, Apple's current strategy of domination through lawsuits looks like it may have awoken a sleeping giant -- Samsung is one of the largest electronic manufacturing compaines in the world, and likely holds patents that many other manufacturers are infringing upon, as does Motorola (Nokia flashback, anyone?).* In the end, someone with a lot of money will be giving a little of it to someone else with a lot of money, but nobody really wins in these types of war games.
    Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Organized_Chaos is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

This made me laugh. They are acting like children.

Apple punched Samsung in the face so now Samsung is fighting back.

Zero is offline Ad Man -Hacks Titan

Punched Samsung in the face repeatedly. Repeatedly being the key. You can only take so much.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Cheesetheif is offline Senior Member -Hacks Monk

And now Samsung is attempting to kick Apple in the nuts.

Un®est®i©ted™

ZiNgABuRgA is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Organized_Chaos View Post
    This made me laugh. They are acting like children.

Apple punched Samsung in the face so now Samsung is fighting back.
    Tech companies do this all the time.
    Considering that most are settled out of court, one would surmise that these lawsuits are often just part of the bartering process between companies.
    I believe Samsung makes all iPhone screens right?

Also highlights how bullshit the patent system is.