Thread: Legal Unlocking...Finally

dbrums is offline -Hacks Member

Default Legal Unlocking...Finally

I wanted to point this out because we posted this news on Dashhacks.com yesterday. It looks like Congress is pushing to legalize unlocking your phones. What do you think this means to us as end users?

lcf13 is offline Varcolac Moderator -Hacks Veteran

nothing Apple will always find the way to put all of us in Bsh..t, with some another "legal"obstacle! Apple started from early days with some stupid company politics which end up like money making in a big way! fortunate for us iPhone users there is a way incarnated in redsn0w or pwnage or win users have how it called the software that iH8sn0w makes.. never mind! my point is there isnt the"Force" to make Apple do something like that! On the other hand yesterday i legaly unlock iPhone 4, really fast response, i took only near 24 hours to complete the whole process! Thank U Apple!

Kevmau5 is offline God to All Mod -Hacks Guru

It was legal for a while through the DMCA was it not? Then some time passed and it became illegal again (Or something like that). Which is why musclenerd and the team were always adamant on free unlocks regardless of legality.

It's never been ILLEGAL here in the UK but to get the phone unlocked cost you if you were or were not under contract. I think now, if your contract is up, you can have it unlocked free by the provider you WERE with.
    http://s1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd401/Kevmau5/?action=view&current=JB.jpg&newest=1

dm646 is offline Moderator -Hacks Ninja

unlocking just like jailbreaking is a grey area with apple *imo apple shouldnt give a shit since you already bought the phone so then its your property.. just like buying a house and the Realtor saying you cant knock a wall down or mow the yard.. lol*

but yea it was legal for some time then became "forgotten" so it was "illegal" again and now its legal again.. jailbreaking is legal and always will be according to apple
    THREAD RULES:
    don’t bash anyone asking for help
    don’t use this thread to start a flame war
    don’t use unsuitable language (this is a child friendly thread)
    if you find an error with this thread please post it in red (like this line) with your help we will keep any brick possibilities to a minimum
    Do not use red for anything else.