Thread: New steps to completely get 1.1.3 jailbroken for all

imported_Buffman is offline -Hacks Newbie

http://www.iphoneatlas.com/2008/01/2...13-macwindows/

this is completely covers either 1.1.3 or 1.1.1, 2 jail broken. The steps are long, but very in details...

I need to find sometime to do this...

it sounds like you won't be able to call (incorrect SIM) after downgraded to 1.1.1 but there are steps to upgrade back and jail broken...

Buffman.

update:

after nearly 2 hours of carefully follow those steps I successfully get the 1.1.3 jailbroken phone however the apptapp is not working because it runs as user mobile instead of root. setuid seem didn't do the trick... still trying...

update2:

well the apptap is easy fix but look like when I copy lockdownd in, the phone never can reboot and restore phone service (sitting at apple logo). I'm starting all over again. If I fail, probably will go back to 1.1.3 via itunes restore ... :(

update 3:

shit. the patched lockdownd (comes with install.sh) didn't work and if I copy, chmod, blah blah the lockdownd from here: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthre...rvice_in_1.1.3 the phone reboot, stuck at Apple logo.

well here I go, iTunes restore. damn it this is f*cked up method. I have 1.1.3 jailbroken but without the phone,.

Buffman
    (I tried, so you don't have to)

merlin901 is offline -Hacks Newbie

I would not recommend ibrick. I found it is easy to lose functions such as email when hacking or adding apps and there is no way to go back and restore the phone. So I am screwed without email till perhaps 1.1.4 with sdk comes out. NO more hacking for me.