Thread: Easy way to Jailbreak 3g?

imported_Neuromods is offline -Hacks Newbie

I got my iPhone 3g 2 days ago and love it! First thing I did was jailbreak it using Winpwn for Vista. I had problems using XP and Vista seemed to work best. So anyways, I have a question... My friend will buy an iPhone 3g as well and wants it jailbreaked also. Instead of using Winpwn and going through all those steps. Can I simply give him the custom firmware file I already made and let him just start from the winpwn click on iPwner part? Will this work or doe's he have to go through all steps I have?

Also just curious, I have used Cydia and downloaded Customize and the NES emulator. I don't want Winter, so is there anything else I can get besides Quake? Where is the GBA emulator I hear about? Any homebrew I can get and where?

On customize some themes never work even though they say they are for the iPhone 3g and it seems no wallpapers are working for me.

Aliandro Operator is offline -Hacks Guru

:posessed::posessed::posessed:

Double posting.. Its... AM ALLERGIC TO IT!!! ><;

Lmfao. Anyway. Um, yea, you can give him the CFW and he can use iTunes to restore the iPhone using the CFW, thus upgrading it directly with no more hassle.

The GBA Emulator is available through Cydia on the 1st Gen iPhone. I dont know about 2.0.
    The Homebrew apps and games can 'only' be downloaded through Cydia so far. Gotta wait for Installer on 2.0.

In Customize make sure you set it to display the themes and not just select them, know what am saying? And wallpapers dont work through Customize. Isnt that what WinterBoard is for? Isnt it an extension of SummerBoard? I dunno for sure but I mean, the name and everything. Give it a try?

Hope that helped!!! ;)

The Operator
    Legend: (FW): Firmware. (OFW): Official FW. (CFW): Custom FW. (BB): Baseband. (JAU): Jailbreak/Activate/Unlock. (MFW): Modem Firmware. (SA) SIM Adapter.

imported_Severed is offline -Hacks Smarty

You can only give him the Custom Firmware if you both have 3G iPhones. If you have a 2G/Edge then he will need to create a new Custom Firmware using the 3G specific firmware.
    2x 2G iPhones Firmware 1.1.4 (Both Original Firmware v1.0)
    Activated/ Jailbroken/ Unlocked on T-Mobile
    Tools: WinPWN, iLiberty+, Pwnage
    Windows Vista Ultimate x86

Thanks for the help, took me some time to catch on to Operator.. I'm new at this and learning fast as I go. I got Winterboard installed, at first that was confusing as hell. It was just a white screen! But I fooled around with Cydia and found themes for Winterboard and Summerboard, downloaded a few and they showed up in Winterboard.. I was like, wow.. Okay that's how it works haha.. So now I can get themes, there are not so many out though. I just learned how to delete files also (thank god)

Anyways, for my friend with an iPhone 3g, my biggest concern is if I give him the custom firmware file, how can he use it with his iTunes to restore and install it. Using Winpwn the last step for windows version is to click on iPwner button, select the custom firmware and hit open. It then says your iTunes has been Pwned. Do you have to do this step? Or can he just really throw his iPhone into recovery mode and start from there with my custom firmware I give him?

By the way, thanx for the help this site is great.

imported_Severed is offline -Hacks Smarty

If he can get a copy of the latest Winpwn all he will have to do is hit the iPwner option. Also note that he will need a copy of the original firmware so Winpwn can open up that option for pwning iTunes. Another way is to do the firmware install form your pc and then he can take his iPhone to his home with it already jailbroken and ready to go.
    2x 2G iPhones Firmware 1.1.4 (Both Original Firmware v1.0)
    Activated/ Jailbroken/ Unlocked on T-Mobile
    Tools: WinPWN, iLiberty+, Pwnage
    Windows Vista Ultimate x86

Great, thanx for all the help. My next goal later is to use an FTP client for windows and learn how to use it on iPhone.

luckyguy11423 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Neuromods
    Great, thanx for all the help. My next goal later is to use an FTP client for windows and learn how to use it on iPhone.
    Hi ... Had just made a Jailbreak on my Iphone using QuickPwn 2.2.5-2 for Firmware 2.2.1. The question is ... in case I use iTunes, will APPLE detect my iPhone being JAILBREAK and locked it? I cannot use the iTunes not unless I received a reply on this enquiry.... thanks

imported_Franny is offline -Hacks Hacker

Luckyguy, make your own thread.
    16GB iPhone 2G
    Jailbroken 3.0
    AT&T

luckyguy11423 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Franny
    Luckyguy, make your own thread.
    Franny, sorry if my post in wrong place.