Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Which would be better, 2.0.1 or 1.1.4?

CptGrey is offline -Hacks Newbie

Hi All,

I need a little helpful advice from the experts out there. Also I'm new to the forum, so please be gentle.

I've just purchased a new (for me) 2G iPhone. It has yet to arrive, but have been told it has been updated to 2.0 before being sent.

I'm planning on using it on T-Mobile (work requirement) so it needs to be unlocked and, if I understand what I've read, jailbroken as well.

Should I upgrade to the 2.0.1 firmware before starting the process with the cutting-edge software or downgrade to the 1.1.4 (assuming I can) and use the tried-and-true software? Again, from what I've read, I don't want to keep the 2.0 firmware because it's buggy.

Are there any real advantages to running 2.0.1 vs. 1.1.4, considering I'll never have the phone on At&T's network? I'll also be using the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi fuctions, so if there's a difference that affects either of those functions, it should be considered as well.

TIA!

Cpt Grey
    -------------------------------
    2G iPhone user for -5 days

alias420 is offline -Hacks Smarty

Use 2.0.1, the 1st generation iPhones are completely hacked. There is no real advantage to going down to 1.1.4 you'll just be giving yourself less features using 1.1.4 (such as the App Store).

killacam13 is offline -Hacks Hacker

2.0 and 2.01 are virtually EXACTLY the same....very small bug fixes...
    but its up 2 yuu...yuu stay at 2.0.1 and yuu get app store and official apps...but yuu have to wait for more non official apps to become available via installer/cydia...or yuu can go baq to 1.1.4 and use all the unofficial apps yuu can dream of...but they do not work as well as official apps...(or at least i notice more lag and stuff in them)

Just a quick note to say that I now have an unlocked and jailbroken 2G iPhone, running 2.0.1. Thanks for everyone's comments (I read a lot before I started the process) and suggestions.

Wi-Fi and Blue Tooth working well, along with SMS & Mobile Me, on a T-Mobile SIM.

Thanks again.

Cpt Grey

---------------------------------------
    2G 8GB iPhone on 2.0.1 for 1 day

Aliandro Operator is offline -Hacks Guru

Glad everything worked for you and am sorry am a bit late to offer any help.

But feel free to drop us a question or a suggestion anytime.

See you around!

The Operator
    Legend: (FW): Firmware. (OFW): Official FW. (CFW): Custom FW. (BB): Baseband. (JAU): Jailbreak/Activate/Unlock. (MFW): Modem Firmware. (SA) SIM Adapter.

redphone is offline -Hacks Newbie

:oHi I am new here. Like CptGary, I just got an iPhone first generation with firmware 2.0 installed and I want to use it with T-mobile. Is there a recommanded software to unlock the phone or if there are instructions on how to do it by myself? Sorry I have not checked other posting yet.

son_of_satan666 is offline -Hacks Guru

well fpr a start you should check them out and the tut's but just to make life easy

http://www.iphone-hacks.com/forums/v...ic.php?id=1392 >thats if your a pc user...

http://www.iphone-hacks.com/forums/v...ic.php?id=1301 >thats if your a mac user...

just make sure your using the latest softwares...

good luck...:):):)
    D3aTh

Redphone,

Read everything you can. I spent almost 5 hours reading forums and 'how to' guides. With so many people bricking their phones for making an easy mistake, I figured it was worth it. And follow the links within a forum as well, they sometimes contain go info too.

Best of luck to you.

Cpt Grey

redphone is offline -Hacks Newbie

Thank you guys. I was able to unlock the iPhone 2G using the links provided. Hopefully I will be able to use the T-Mobile's $5.99 internet plan to surf the web.

son_of_satan666 is offline -Hacks Guru

nice congrats man ENJOY....:)
    D3aTh

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast