Thread: Turbo chip for 3g unlock

imported_bogdan is offline -Hacks Newbie

I am visiting in Thailand at the moment and have seen shops selling a 3g unlock service using a turbo chip. They still require a cutting of the original US / Canadian SIM chip. Question: Does anyone have any experianceswith this method od unlocking? Is the story true that there are unlock chips available that do not require cutting? The service here costs 2000 Bhat (US$60)

Thanks!

Aliandro Operator is offline -Hacks Guru

Dont go with Turbo Sim. There are many other such devices that dont require any sort of cutting. And Turbo Sim have been reported to get stuck in the sim slot and possibly break off inside. So I suggest you dont do it.

And yea, as I said, there are chips that dont require any sort of cutting. Ask around, you should find some!

The Operator.
    Legend: (FW): Firmware. (OFW): Official FW. (CFW): Custom FW. (BB): Baseband. (JAU): Jailbreak/Activate/Unlock. (MFW): Modem Firmware. (SA) SIM Adapter.

Enricus is offline -Hacks Newbie

Hi Bogdan! I bought an iPhone four days ago and got it to unlock using a turbo sim. I have removed it several times because the iPhone ran out of battery (damn GPS). As Aliandro says, and i confirm it, the turbo sim is quite bad quality, and i personally find it quite unstable when it comes to sticking on the signal. Quite unreliable? Any other thought? Has someone tried the simlibre (www.simlibre.com)?

imported_Franny is offline -Hacks Hacker

As the operator said, "There are many other such devices that dont require any sort of cutting".
    16GB iPhone 2G
    Jailbroken 3.0
    AT&T

Aliandro Operator is offline -Hacks Guru

Thanks, Fran.

And you, too, Enricus.

One such adapter is currently found under our iPhone Hacks/Development section. Cant remember which one. Check it out, before I get the confirmation whether to delete it or keep it.

The Operator.
    Legend: (FW): Firmware. (OFW): Official FW. (CFW): Custom FW. (BB): Baseband. (JAU): Jailbreak/Activate/Unlock. (MFW): Modem Firmware. (SA) SIM Adapter.

geppix is offline -Hacks Newbie

Yes it is trus that there are "no cut" sim adapters, although I find the corner cut easier to insert in the iphone.

I have unlocked many iphone3g with the simlibre. Remeber; you need to activate the iphone FIRST (i.e. you can't just get one in the US and then insert the simlibre and off you go1) Please read full instructions here http://www.simlibre.com/simblog/inde...mo-desbloquear

If you need help let me know.

superhemp is offline -Hacks Newbie

hi all I found this link: http://www.iphone-sim-unlock.com

This sim card you don't have to cut, its easier and more practical. They have also a video demonstration of how to do it on this faq page: http://www.iphone-sim-unlock.com/3G.html

Good luck, I hope it works for you !

imported_zdogefizzle is offline -Hacks Newbie

does this look like an ok one? it says turbo sim but i dont see where you have to cut. the guy has very good feedback

http://cgi.ebay.com/Unlock-iPhone-3G-Turbo-Sim-Card-for-any-GSM-no-need-cut_W0QQitemZ270307934889QQcmdZViewItemQQptZPDA_Accessories?hash=item270307934889&_trksid=p3286 .c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1234|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1309|301%3A0|293%3A1|294%3A50

Diabloghst is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

says it doesnt need to be cut. sim adapter maybe (i dont even know what a sim adapter looks like btw) but since the dude has pretty good feedback and its just 10 bucks go for it

imported_zdogefizzle is offline -Hacks Newbie

ok thats what i was thinking. i am debating beetween that one and simlibre