Thread: Official Unlock??

iPoneKraze is offline -Hacks Newbie

Hi guys, I saw couple ads saying that their iPhones are unlocked by Apple so the buyer can use any GSM SIM Card without turbo sim (or anything similar). Is it true? If it is, how to get that unlock?

son_of_satan666 is offline -Hacks Guru

hmm.... i don't think this is true... be careful there are many scams on the net...:twisted:
    D3aTh

Diabloghst is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

you have to buy the phone full price without a contract i guess

Aliandro Operator is offline -Hacks Guru

Hey PEEPS! WAZZAP!

I actually did a bit of digging around.. And guess what I found. I'll post it in the news section a bit later.
    See, apparently, the FW checks the phone's serial number or IMEI.. I think its the serial number, I cant really remember. And based on that, it checks it against a sort of a data base or algorithem and the out come of which decides whether the phone is purchased and sold in a country with no contracts required. I DO strongly believe thats how we get all those unlocked 3Gs that are updateable with no problems. Know what am saying?
    So perhaps if we were able to change the serial number to that of a non-contract-requiring-region, we would be able to unlock the phone.

It DOES sound a bit too easy to be true.. but who knows!

Anyway, peace out, brothas.

The Operator.
    Legend: (FW): Firmware. (OFW): Official FW. (CFW): Custom FW. (BB): Baseband. (JAU): Jailbreak/Activate/Unlock. (MFW): Modem Firmware. (SA) SIM Adapter.

eemersonsr.1 is offline -Hacks Newbie

got iphone from flea mkt. and keypad was locked. Phone has service but am not able to unlock or use it. What can i do? Please help, got donged on this deal !!!!!!!

usedcargodd is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Please start your own thread. Do not hijack others threads, it's against the rules.
    2G 16Gb 3.0
    100% Working on T-Mobile

JTucker is offline -Hacks Smarty

Do not think it is true. Cause there are frauds who want to make you fool. So collect more information before getting into it. It will be great for you and also share with us what information you have got.