Thread: Having trouble with Jailbreak

Ishkur is offline -Hacks Newbie

Hello Ive updated my phone I followed the step by step process, i have quick pwn and iphone1,2,1.2 yada yada yada all up to date, anyways when i open quick pwn i cant get past the browser part where you have to wait for the green check mark, any suggestions? I have windows vista.

Aliandro Operator is offline -Hacks Guru

Are you sure your using the correct version of QuickPwn?
    Check [url=http://www.iphone-hacks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1773]this[/ur] out.

The Operator.
    Legend: (FW): Firmware. (OFW): Official FW. (CFW): Custom FW. (BB): Baseband. (JAU): Jailbreak/Activate/Unlock. (MFW): Modem Firmware. (SA) SIM Adapter.

I follow your sig just about everyday :lol:

Well i DL'd those files that you directed me to, but still samething. Its not recognizing my iphone... I've jailbreaked this phone before the new update came out, then i restored my iphone and updated it to 2.1 now im trying to jailbreak again but its not getting that damn green check mark. Any other suggestions or ideas? i have the 3g

imported_fraggle is offline -Hacks Newbie

Maybe I can help?
    You mentioned you upgraded to 2.1, but the latest is 2.2...
    I had issues as well, so I tried this and it worked:
    Download latest quickpwn AND latest .ipsw file for your 3G and put them both in the same folder.
    Go to microsoft and download .net 3.0 framework (.net 1 did not work for this process) I did not try .net 3.5, perhaps someone else has and can say if this has worked, although I suspect it will.

These can be found at: http://miphone.ca/iphone-dev/QuickPwn225-2.zip

The .ipsw can be had from here: http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....1_Restore.ipsw

and the .net 3.0 framework from microsoft's website. Just use the search feature for ".net" and the site will pull up all the .net versions for you. Select the version you want and download.

Check your settings app icon and scroll through the General/About tab until you find your modem firmware and phone version. They should be 02.30.03 and (5H11) respectively. In any case, the latest .ipsw file you downloaded will be (5H11) and this will be loaded into your phone during the next step.

Open iTunes, <shift> + the 'restore' button in iTunes, and find your downloaded .ipsw file and choose that. After restore ends, iTunes will ask if you want to sync. DO NOT.
    Run quickpwn FIRST, (which will cause iTunes to close down, which is normal), and when your phone is jailbroken, then restart iTunes and sync your phone, which will reload your backed-up info from the restore sesh.
    You should be good from here...
    Good Luck!