Thread: Iphone 3.0 Jailbreak

imported_cracker is offline -Hacks Newbie

Any word on when/if there will be a jailbreak update for the new 3.0 firmware?

16GB iPhone 3G
    SW 3.0.1
    AT&T

imported_nedthehead is offline -Hacks Neophyte

What? The firmware hasn't even been released!

Well, to be fair, the Apple developers got a hold of it last night. Do you think anyone could jailbreak the firmware within a day of the release?

It will come when it comes. I'm sure some of the developers can't wait to ge a hold of the BETA for the 3.0 firmware so they can take a look at it. Just give it some time ;)

imported_Franny is offline -Hacks Hacker

Do your homework. :)

And for those wondering, yes the 3.0 OS is jailbreakable on all devices. It’s just those using 3G yellowsn0w that have to show some restraint and wait for PwnageTool to create a custom IPSW that avoids the baseband update.

iphone-dev
    16GB iPhone 2G
    Jailbroken 3.0
    AT&T

imported_cracker is offline -Hacks Newbie

Yea I guess I should have re-phrased my question. How long does it take coders to figure out how to jail break a firmware? I assume there is significant testing involved to ensure it works.
    16GB iPhone 3G
    SW 3.0.1
    AT&T

imported_nedthehead is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Quote Originally Posted by cracker
    Yea I guess I should have re-phrased my question. How long does it take coders to figure out how to jail break a firmware? I assume there is significant testing involved to ensure it works.
    It goes through a lot of stages. I think most coders reverse engineer (Umm... think of taking something apart in the order that it was built) the firmware to find for the easiest methods to break into the firmware, then comes the actually building and testing stages, which go on until the final product is safe and distributable.

Depending on how complex the firmware is (and how "safe" Apple has made it), times can vary for the time needed. I will predict we will have a Jailbroken 3.0 within 2 months of it's Summer Release, but that's just a guess

Aliandro Operator is offline -Hacks Guru

2 months? Thats a bit much, dont you think?
    Either way, we have no way of knowing what it will exactly take to modify it, so... Um.. Yea, in the end, I think it would take around 2 months seeing its a whole generation leap and the fact that Apple wants to outlaw JAUing iPhones. I suppose Apple will implement some bull here or there to make it harder.

Anyway, I hope we get it soon.

The Operator.
    Legend: (FW): Firmware. (OFW): Official FW. (CFW): Custom FW. (BB): Baseband. (JAU): Jailbreak/Activate/Unlock. (MFW): Modem Firmware. (SA) SIM Adapter.