Thread: iPhone 3.0 Beta 2 Jailbreak

imported_nedthehead is offline -Hacks Neophyte

http://www.quickpwn.com/2009/04/quic...30-beta-2.html

"Any iPhone Devs want to jailbreak iPhone OS 3.0 Beta 2? QuickPWN 3.0 Beta 2 is out! This is an unofficial release and it’s not created by the iPhone Dev Team. I know there are iPhone developers out there who want to upgrade to iPhone 3.0, iPod Touch 3.0, or iPhone 3G 3.0, but also want to keep their jailbreak. The Russian hacker Vortex has once again released an unofficial jailbreak at iPhoneApps.ru. I tried it on my iPod Touch with firmware 3.0 beta 2 and it works! You can only jailbreak on the iPhone 3.0 Beta 2, iPhone 3G 3.0 beta 2, and iPod Touch 1st Gen beta 3.0. It’s 3.2 MB only because it install’s RiPDev’s Icy program. Once you’ve jailbroken you need to open Icy, refresh all the sources and install OpenSSH to jailbreak. If you need any help please join the iPhone OS 3.0 forums and ask for help there."

This seems great! Can't believe they've done it already! Now, I want an official release, and to make sure the developing platform stays relatively the same so that there is no need to port all of the 2.X apps

Aliandro Operator is offline -Hacks Guru

EXCELLENT!!!!
    See?!
    I TOLD YOU SO!!!
    Now we'll just have to wait on the Dev Team.

And you know what.. If 3.0 differs a lot from 2.x.x, which it probably will I suppose, it'd be great if they also wrote a converter to port apps from 2.x.x to 3.0.

Anyway, this is awesome news that slaps all non-believers on the forehead!

The Operator.
    Legend: (FW): Firmware. (OFW): Official FW. (CFW): Custom FW. (BB): Baseband. (JAU): Jailbreak/Activate/Unlock. (MFW): Modem Firmware. (SA) SIM Adapter.