Thread: Can I Delete Unneeded File From My iPhone?

taurusx5 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Hi, guys! I got a jailbroken 1G iphone. Is it possible to delete unnecessary files fomr the phone to lighten it? If so, which files can be safely deleted?

Aliandro Operator is offline -Hacks Guru

What do you mean delete files to lighten it up? o_O;
    Sync less music and pics and videos and that should be it.

If your talking about system files, thats a big no no. Don't go there.

The Operator.
    Legend: (FW): Firmware. (OFW): Official FW. (CFW): Custom FW. (BB): Baseband. (JAU): Jailbreak/Activate/Unlock. (MFW): Modem Firmware. (SA) SIM Adapter.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliandro Operator
    What do you mean delete files to lighten it up? o_O;
    Sync less music and pics and videos and that should be it.

If your talking about system files, thats a big no no. Don't go there.

The Operator.
    Aliandro, thanks for the reply. But, I did see many language files that obvioulsy I'll never use, like, russian, korean, etc. Can't I safely delete those from the iphone?

Your welcome.

I wouldn't recommend it. Seriously. Because since I dont know much about the phone's programming, I wouldn't mess around with it.

Logically, the answer is yes. But lets be on the safe side. Besides, how much space is it gonna free up? Because either way, there are two partitions on your phone's disk. One for the OS and one for you to use. All App Store data (As far as I know, for apps) and OS related files and language packs and all of that are stored on the System partition. So even if you free up space there you can never use it for real, know what am saying?

The Operator.
    Legend: (FW): Firmware. (OFW): Official FW. (CFW): Custom FW. (BB): Baseband. (JAU): Jailbreak/Activate/Unlock. (MFW): Modem Firmware. (SA) SIM Adapter.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliandro Operator
    Your welcome.

I wouldn't recommend it. Seriously. Because since I dont know much about the phone's programming, I wouldn't mess around with it.

Logically, the answer is yes. But lets be on the safe side. Besides, how much space is it gonna free up? Because either way, there are two partitions on your phone's disk. One for the OS and one for you to use. All App Store data (As far as I know, for apps) and OS related files and language packs and all of that are stored on the System partition. So even if you free up space there you can never use it for real, know what am saying?

The Operator.
    yeah, you're right. Better not to mess around with the files that may later haunt you in the end. Thanks, bro.

Yup.
    Your welcome.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

The Operator.