Thread: Can I Unlock & Jailbreak My 3GS 32Gb Iphone With 4.1 Fimrware On It?

byronwells is offline -Hacks Newbie

Alright guys

I am hear conflicting things here and I just want to confirm with you guys if this can be done as yet...? If not how long will I have to wait?

I have got an White 3GS 3GB Iphone which is currently locked to the organge network, I would like to be able to unlock it and jailbreak it so that I can use my O2 sim card in it.

However the firmware that I am using is 4.1. The phone was unlcoked when I brought it from my friend, but it crashed while deleting all his pictures, videos and you had to run dfu and reset the phone. The day apple brought out their 4.1 firmware was the day it got resested and of course installed the lastest update which I had no control over. No since septemeber I have not been able to use the phone at all..

It's just setting there and I am really getting annoyed and no thinking of it selling it.. Because no one as yet have come up with a way to unlock or crack it..

Can anyone help? Or should I just sell it??

Kevmau5 is offline God to All Mod -Hacks Guru

You can jailbreak the 3g[s] on 4.1 but that's all for now.

But.......4.2 will be out on friday or monday, and they have an unlock for it already, o it will be about 2 day's after it's released before there is an unlock.

So in short, there will be an unlock in less than a week. :mrgreenthumbsup:
    http://s1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd401/Kevmau5/?action=view&current=JB.jpg&newest=1

byronwells is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Kevmau5
    You can jailbreak the 3g[s] on 4.1 but that's all for now.

But.......4.2 will be out on friday or monday, and they have an unlock for it already, o it will be about 2 day's after it's released before there is an unlock.

So in short, there will be an unlock in less than a week. :mrgreenthumbsup:
    Really that quick? I mean they have already got an unlcoked ready for the 4.2? Then how come none for the 4.1?? Or was it so diffucult? A bit confused why there was no unlock create for 4.1, however on the same day or very soon after there will be one ready for 4.2

Will there also be a jailbreak ready as well??

Kevmau5 is offline God to All Mod -Hacks Guru

They've had an unlock for quite a while, but they knew that 4.2 was being released sometime soon after, so saved the unlock (crashes in baseband may be rare) till 4.2 come's out. They just have to test that it work's on all devices after it come's out though, hence the unlock being two day's or so after.

And a jailbreak should be made, im not sure when it's being released. But it uses, Limera1n+Pwnage2+pod2g's expoit

So do not upgrade to 4.2 when it released, as the jailbreak my not be untethered for you if you upgrade normally. (you will have to hook it up to the computer each time the phone is turned off/restarted/runs out of battery)
    http://s1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd401/Kevmau5/?action=view&current=JB.jpg&newest=1