Thread: RecoveryGuard Stops Accidental iOS Updates For Jailbroken iPhone, iPad

lcf13 is offline Varcolac Moderator -Hacks Veteran

RecoveryGuard Stops Accidental iOS Updates For Jailbroken iPhone, iPad, iPod touch

We’ve all done it: connected a jailbroken iOS device to iTunes and watched in horror as it’s merrily started to update when you accidentally stabbed at the wrong button. No more, for there’s now a solution in the form of RecoveryGuard.

Installing this little tweak on your jailbroken iDevice makes the hardware fool iTunes into thinking it always has the latest version of iOS. No more accidental updates. Simple!

This is a new app to us here at RedmondPie and thanks to iH8sn0w for the nod!

So how do you get it? Well…

Launch Cydia and add the following as a source: http://cydia.pushfix.info. Once added just refresh and search for RecoveryGuard. Hey presto!

via: RedmondPie

Kevmau5 is offline God to All Mod -Hacks Guru

I have done this only ONCE myself. Went from jailbroken and unlocked 3.1.2 3G[S], to a 3.1.3 Brick!!

I got home from work, plugged in phone and jaut sat there watching as it updated.....WITHOUT THINKING to pull the plug!!
    http://s1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd401/Kevmau5/?action=view&current=JB.jpg&newest=1

lcf13 is offline Varcolac Moderator -Hacks Veteran

yeah, im kind a lucky, newer did accidental update! but usefull for begginers, and experts! :mrgreenthumbsup: