Thread: How to sync or backup iPhone contents to new Mac

erer002 is offline -Hacks Newbie

I have brought a new mac and would like to sync my iPhone content with the new mac (i.e. contact, calendar, apps and etc..) As the the first sync will erase all contents from my iPhone, is there any way to avoid it. If the iPhone backup has been performed on the old PC, can I restore all the content from the backup if the content was erased during sync with the new mac. Please advise.

christinegrape is offline -Hacks Newbie

Log-in in to your iTunes account on your new Mac and then sync as normal. You'll be asked if you want to copy stuff from your iPhone to Mac (which you probably want to do) and then you should be able to continue as normal. Remember to authorize your new Mac with your iTunes account as well.

lcf13 is offline Varcolac Moderator -Hacks Veteran

erer002 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by christinegrape
    Log-in in to your iTunes account on your new Mac and then sync as normal. You'll be asked if you want to copy stuff from your iPhone to Mac (which you probably want to do) and then you should be able to continue as normal. Remember to authorize your new Mac with your iTunes account as well.
    Know more about How to transfer or sync iPod music to Mac, which included the detailed tutorials of how to transfer your music from iPod to Mac.
    Hope it can do you a favor.
    I try sign in to itunes, click the Store tab at the top and click "authorize this computer". now try transfering purchases.
    Thanks so much,it worked for me as well.