Thread: Can I update my iphone 3gs into 4.3.1 directly?

imported_alikhan is offline -Hacks Newbie

Dear Viewers,

I am new plz help I have iphone 3gs ver 4.1(8b117) model mc131t with baseband 05.14.02. Cydia allready installed.I want to confirm Can i update it into latest firmware 4.3.1 directly with snowbreeze or with any other software. And is it sure it will not be unlocked when i update this?

plz provide me full detail how can i update my 3gs and which software i need for all this procedure?

so thanks to u.waiting

shifty786 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Upgrade to 4.3.1 via itunes

unless your iphone is using a custom firmware
    the create 1 via snowbreze

Once you are on 4.3.1 you can use either pwnage tool or redsnow to jailbreak the device

The unlocks provided by ultra snow for the 4.3.1 firmware are just the old1s updated to work on 4.3.1 nothing new as far as i know also if you have unlocked with ultra snow wait a while b4 you update as i think they still have a few bugs to work out

hope this helps

shifty786 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Remember save your shsh and retain your baseband :D

Kevmau5 is offline God to All Mod -Hacks Guru

4.3.1 Break's the ultrasn0w unlock. They are trying to work it out so stay updated on Modmyi.con or the devteam's blog.

You CAN upgrade using pwnagetool (MAC) but you will have a useless phone if you NEED an UNLOCK.

But since you have the 05.14.02 baseband.....that is NOT UNLOCKABLE anyway?? So a Custom restore would be useless anyway.
    http://s1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd401/Kevmau5/?action=view&current=JB.jpg&newest=1