Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Different Sim Detected error...help much appreciated

cousteauspapa is offline -Hacks Newbie

Here are the details:
    Iphone 1st generation 8g model
    Software 2.1

I have downloaded the the Quickpwn software with windows xp and followed instructions carefully and all appeared to go great....

After unlock and jailbreak, I inserted my wifes T Mobile sim and get this error message:
    different sim detected..

It will let me make emergency calls and I can see the Tmobile logo on top left.

Here is what I want to accomplish:

first, I'm 48 yrs old, don't need anything but a good phone with email....and I love the simplicity of the Iphone...the problem is at & t doesn't give a signal to my home area very well...when at home have to go outside to talk...so, I want to switch over to Tmobile with this iphone.

Can someone assist me with this issue? Please give me clear precise instructions if possible...I am good with pc's but unfamiliar with all of the acronyms for the iphone (dfu, etc).

Thanks in advance.
    Tom

imported_Franny is offline -Hacks Hacker

Retry the whole process with your wife's T-Mobile sim card in.
    16GB iPhone 2G
    Jailbroken 3.0
    AT&T

cousteauspapa is offline -Hacks Newbie

Tried that and still same error...Different Sim Detected.

As others have suggested I have installed the new lockdown files also...

I have basically tried everything that I can get from this and other websites and still same problem.

Any other suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Tom

jolimle is offline -Hacks Newbie

put your iphone into dfu mode and make sure you have installed the itunes 7.5 and hook up your iphone and download the 1.1.1 ipsw restore and itunes will tell you to restore it hold the shift key while you click the restore button then browse to the 1.1.1 firmware ipsw and restore it after that use ziphone 3.0 to unlock,Jailbreak and activate it when that is done check to see if it works with her sim card if so download i tunes 8.0 and the 2.0.1 ipsw and put the iphone in restore mode connect to computer and hold shift while you click restore and browse to the 2.0.1 ipsw and update it use the latest quickpwn to jailbreak,unlock and activate it put in the sim card see if it works if it does download the 2.1 ipsw and put phone in restore connect to itunes and hold shift while you click restore browse to the 2.1 ipsw install it without being connected to the internet and then use quickpwn to jailbreak unlock and activate it and it should work let me know if this helps

Aliandro Operator is offline -Hacks Guru

Joli. I have to admire your urge to help. But I have a few pointers for you, next time, please make your post a bit more organized and use grammer if possible. It makes it easier for people to read and understand what you are trying to say.

Also, if you need to guide them step by step or make several points, try doing it like this:

Like, Step one, do this.
    Step two, do that.
    Or
    1) Do this.
    2) Do that.

Once again, I thank you for helping out.

As for the problem itself, I am afraid that your method is far too long and unnessicarly complicated. You dont need to downgrade your FW to 1.1.1 and then re-upgrade to 2.1 just to get a SIM working.

My suggestion is this: Download WinPwn for PC from our downloads section, and use it with the tutorial on how to use WinPwn to jailbreak/unlock your phone. It can be found on our Tutorials section.

Also, as Franny said, make sure you have the T-Mobile SIM inserted during the process.

Should work.

Please do report back.

The Operator.
    Legend: (FW): Firmware. (OFW): Official FW. (CFW): Custom FW. (BB): Baseband. (JAU): Jailbreak/Activate/Unlock. (MFW): Modem Firmware. (SA) SIM Adapter.

airmax3232 is offline -Hacks Newbie

i think i have the same problem. this is so difficult.

--

let me clarify something after using quickpawn on your iphone the next step is to use winpwn?

--

Here are my questions on this issue because I have the same problem. This is the tutorial that I followed. How To Jailbreak & Unlock iPhone 2.1, QuickPwn 2.1 for Windows? I followed this tutorial and I didn't have any problems with it. First question, what is the next step from here? Do I insert the sim card? I did insert my brother's tmobile card. This message came out. "Different SIM Detected. Please connect to Itunes. Here's my second question? Do I follow what the iphone is telling me and connect to Itunes? Next question. Do I need to use winpwn in order to make use of my brother's sim card from tmobile.

I just have a suggestion for the one making the tutorial. I suggest that the author should inform his readers of the conclusive last step so we could avoid this kind of confusion. Thank you very much.

Airmax.
    You have violated two forum rules.
    First is thread hijacking.
    Second is TRIPLE posting.
    If double posting on its own is not allowed, what do you think bout triple posting and hijacking someone else' thread?

Consider yourself warned.

As for your questions, no. You dont use WinPwn AFTER QuickPwn nor before it.
    They are two different tools.
    What I suggested is using WinPwn INSTEAD of QuickPwn. And you must have the SIM you wanna use IN the phone WHILE you are doing the process of pwning your phone.

The confusion is only there because you are confusing yourself. Its very easy. Just follow the tutorial as it is. And if you have any questions, ask in the help section. Simple as that.

The Operator.
    Legend: (FW): Firmware. (OFW): Official FW. (CFW): Custom FW. (BB): Baseband. (JAU): Jailbreak/Activate/Unlock. (MFW): Modem Firmware. (SA) SIM Adapter.

airmax3232 is offline -Hacks Newbie

hey don't worry i'm not gonna post here again asshole. you can ban my user name if you want.

Yes. After getting your answer that is. How self-respectful of you. :)

And oh, yes. I am also banning your IP. Not just your user name.

The Operator.

parasram is offline -Hacks Newbie

This worked for me
    *LINK REMOVED*

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast