The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!

Would you like to get all the new buzz from Dashhacks in your email each day?

Want to learn more about the team who brings you the Dash Hacks news?

Read about them now!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jailbroken Iphone 3G, no IMEI, ICCID, NO WIFI

I jailbroke my iphone 3g and it worked great for about 2 weeks. On day while using PDANet, my iphone restarted and had the apple logo on for about 20 minutes and it appeared that it had been deacivated (screen asking to plug into itunes).
    Under the info it states that the phones IMEI and ICCID are unknown. There is also a popup that appears stating that the Iphone requires repair and cannot make or receive calls.
    I Have tried restoring several times but it does not work, it eventually gives my an error when restoring the firmware. Sometimes its 1010, others 1011 or unknown 6 or 9.
    I can re jailbreak the phone which allows me to get into the phone again but it will not restore from there either. I have tried custom firmware to no avail.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Aliandro Operator is offline -Hacks Guru

Hello and welcome to our forum!

Have you tried a DFU restore? Not through QuickPwn/WinPwn/Pwnage or any other tools, just through iTunes?

Because you should keep in mind, the iPhone is nearly impossible to brick. Its almost always repairable.

See if that works for you and report back.

The Operator.
    Legend: (FW): Firmware. (OFW): Official FW. (CFW): Custom FW. (BB): Baseband. (JAU): Jailbreak/Activate/Unlock. (MFW): Modem Firmware. (SA) SIM Adapter.

Hi there,

Am using Vista Home
    Itunes 8.0.1
    Iphone 2.1 was what I was running

Jailbroken using QwkPwn. I followed the on screen instructions, and phone was jailbroken. Worked fine for 2 weeks.

Latest restore attempt:
    Plug into itunes, pressing and holding Power and Home for 10 Seconds then releasing Power and holding home until message pops up stating that Itunes has detected iphone in recovery mode and restore must take place. I then click on restore and it begins the restore process. It is able to restore software but when it come to the firmware portion it goes on for about 30-40 minutes and then gives me an error message "The Iphone "iphone" could not be restored. An unknown error occured (1002)".

NB: I also have a mac and have tried the same procedure on it using itunes 8.0.1 and get same messages. Have tried using different USB ports on both MAC and Vista and no change.

Alright, gemme some details and I might be able to help out.
    What OS are you using?
    iTunes version?
    What FW were you on? (The phone's version)
    What procedure did you use to jailbreak your phone? As in, what did you do exactly?
    What are you doing NOW in every detail that results in those errors?
    Please provide me with the info and I may be able to help you, fellow iPhoner.

And please dont double post... Its against forum rules. Use the Edit function. x.x;

The Operator.
    Legend: (FW): Firmware. (OFW): Official FW. (CFW): Custom FW. (BB): Baseband. (JAU): Jailbreak/Activate/Unlock. (MFW): Modem Firmware. (SA) SIM Adapter.

son_of_satan666 is offline -Hacks Guru

may be its not the computers maybe its the cable please check and ensure your using the original cable the came in the iphone box... the older ipod cables don't work for the iphone....

hmmm... did a google search on that error it seems like many people are suffering from the same error... can't seem to get an answer but i'll keep trying....:twisted:
    D3aTh

Thats a big possibility, so I also suggest you check that as well. But 'my' old cables worked fine with my iPhone. <<; Lol.

The Operator.

Tried me buddies cables, and still the same error. Any other ideas?

hmmm.... i think u should keep trying... try restore it using itunes to the original fw

by the way error 6 means the iphone is not in dfu mode so try again... try it on a buddy's pc...

good luck...:mrgreenthumbsup:
    D3aTh

Issue Solved

Took phone to apple store. They tried restoring it twice and could not do it so they exchanged the phone for me.

wow sweeeet congratz....:twisted:
    D3aTh

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast