Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Increase Sensitivity for Iphone 2.1 FW?!? Some Buttons Not Working!!

iPhone_CRO is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by zhariffz
    I used both.. but i backed up both files just in case. But now both works. and I love it xD
    Well, it is good to have a back-up, but it is also good to know that this back-up will not help you to return your phone status at day before you made changes, because sensitivity stays unchanged after back-up, and can be altered only by modified General.plist, with enabled Touch sensitivity slider.

Anyhow, the most important is that this fix works, and you and your iPhone are in love again :-)

Regards,

iPhone_CRO

causeeffect is offline -Hacks Newbie

I am unable to find the general.plist on my phone (im using mac osX and i have v2.1 phone) to replace it.

I can find: var\stash\Applications\Preferences.app
    But i am unable to open preferences.app to change the general.plist file. I get a prompt that says that the file type is not supported. also my applications file was different and not called "ApplicationsImONWc" I searched the phone in other places and could not find an general.plist file. Is there some way I am able to open preferences.app?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by causeeffect
    I am unable to find the general.plist on my phone (im using mac osX and i have v2.1 phone) to replace it.

I can find: var\stash\Applications\Preferences.app
    But i am unable to open preferences.app to change the general.plist file. I get a prompt that says that the file type is not supported. also my applications file was different and not called "ApplicationsImONWc" I searched the phone in other places and could not find an general.plist file. Is there some way I am able to open preferences.app?

thanks
    Try to open [root]Applications\Preferences.app\General.plist (file)

After another firmware upgrade caused by WiFi connection problem, I needed to fix again touch sensitivity. After that firmware upgrade, location when I find General.plist was diferent from location that I already described. Very wierd to me...

I successfully fixed again touch sensitivity problem, but stil have Wifi connection problem :-(
    Will try to find solution for it at forum.

Regards,

iPhone_CRO

darwin100 is offline -Hacks Newbie

I am having the same problem and also an ebay phone...I have been burned somany times on ebay this is the last straw. I used the Gereral.plist and touch.plistmodifications and got the touch screen. However on 2.1 3g I lost the map location function and as I am a geocacher it would not work restored the original general.plist and touch.plist (somehow lost one of the general backups but seem to be OK). However...still have the screen problem..it freezes...all I have to do is turn it off and on again and it works for a while but it is a pain to turn it off and on...every 4 hits.does anyone have any other suggestions short of changing the touch screen which seems to be the only option.

Quote Originally Posted by darwin100
    I am having the same problem and also an ebay phone...I have been burned somany times on ebay this is the last straw. I used the Gereral.plist and touch.plistmodifications and got the touch screen. However on 2.1 3g I lost the map location function and as I am a geocacher it would not work restored the original general.plist and touch.plist (somehow lost one of the general backups but seem to be OK). However...still have the screen problem..it freezes...all I have to do is turn it off and on again and it works for a while but it is a pain to turn it off and on...every 4 hits.does anyone have any other suggestions short of changing the touch screen which seems to be the only option.
    If you have an enough courage, try with firmware upgrade on v2.2 according to procedure described at this site.

I may confirm that touch screen sensitivity fix also works on firmware v2.2. Just to inform you that I am using only modified General.plist, not Touch.plist, and it works for me.

BTW, did you try to make agreement with ebay seller about defective item return?
    I have a very bad experience with that. I am in a way to open a dispute, according eBay rules.

Regards,

iPhone_CRO

darwin100 is offline -Hacks Newbie

I tried it for same problem with 3g and when the screen sensitivity was in the map function did not work (GPS mode)...any one else have this problem?

beerob81 is offline -Hacks Newbie

I just spent a hellacious 3 days fixing my phone, sorta, 1st gen phone, first the motherboard on my phone died, luckily i had an old phone (my 2nd) that I broke the screen on so I juked the board and battery off of it and swapped, and everything worked fine for 2 days, then I got the dead strip, I was running 2.2 and did the research on the strip and tried calling iphone support and local stores etc. because I heard they were swapping the phones...they aren't and there isn't an applestore anywhere near me. I used the methods others had been using, editing the general plist to move the touch button to the top, and then I edited the touch plist which took a lot of trial and error because the script must be a bit different than what I had been reading, or my phone was just really f@d up....either way, i had to set the sensitivity to -36 or some crap like that, the problem I have now is I have to touch almost 2 rows above the row I am trying to click in order to access whatever it is i am clicking, i can now slide and unlock my phone and answer calls but texting is impossible and I can't dial numbers correctly the first time, has anybody run into this issue or know what I did wrong. I can paste my plist if needed and what I changed, Im sure something i messed with did this, but it seems like the higher or lower i changed my sensitivity to the higher i had to click on my screen to access buttons lower on the screen.

thanks in advance.

yinyan91 is offline -Hacks Newbie

I have 2g iphone unlocked tmobile running 3.0 and dead strip on the bottom row of keybord. im getting tired of rotating it:evil:. i need help to get the touch back so i can use the phone the way it is meant.

do i have to downgrade to 2.x to get the touch settings to work on my iphone? if so how?

JTucker is offline -Hacks Smarty

I am astonished in a way, how can your buttons be inactive if your iphone is just 2 weeks old? It really doesn't make any sense. Well, I am really shocked if you have bought the original one. Hope for the best.

ilanaharon is offline -Hacks Newbie

i have the same prob. but just in text msg, cant introduce text in the bottom row in vertical mode, problem apearing only in fine rows in any app, increased touch sensitivity to 0, i would like to increase it to -15 but how do i do that?? cause i only have 0-16
    iphone 2g 3.1

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast