Thread: Error 14

neoink is offline -Hacks Newbie

Hey guys i seen to have done something wrong when i tryed to update to 2.2 on my iphone. i went to do a restore with itunes first but now all i get is an error message saying cannot restore unknown error 14.

someone help me please

thanks

soo it looks like i have completly hooped my iphone seeing as noone knows what has happened. i have tryed many times to restore my iphone and still it is at the screen with the usb symbol.

then i decided to turn off the iphone as it was restoring to see if that would do anything. got error 2002. still nothing.

someone help me

Diabloghst is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

dfu mode is ur friend

i tryed that but it didnt go into dfu mode...maybe i was doing it wrong...let me know the steps please

Diabloghst is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

hold power and home buttons tell ur phone turns off. hold power and home buttons again until u see apple logo and take ur finger off power button but keep the home button pressed. dfu is just a black screen i believe

mrsmarycandice is offline -Hacks Newbie

I got the same error when I tried to unlock my 2g 8 gb iphone with 2.2 firmware. I can't find the answer...but I did get my phone back to factory default settings and working. I unplugged it from the computer and plugged it back in. Itunes said my phone was in safe mode and that I needed to restore it. I clicked the restore button and it was fine...though not unlocked. :( I don't know...let me know if you find out how to fix it. :)

Thanks and good luck!!

got a new phone and went to update to 2.2. it did the same thing, took it to apple and they were able to fix it for me. now to unlock