Thread: Recover iPhone contacts from backup file?

ramonc0911 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Today I jailbreaked my iphone. But I do not know how to recover my contacts. I have a backup (on itunes, although i do not know where it is on my vista pc) of my iphone of before it was jailbreaked.

How can I recover those contacts without having to restore that backup because i would lose all of my jailbreak applications?

Aliandro Operator is offline -Hacks Guru

You wont lose anything if you restore your phone from a backup. Lol.
    Just restore your phone from that backup and all your settings and details and info will be restored. Thats it.
    It wont delete anything. That is a total restore. When something is not working right.

The Operator.
    Legend: (FW): Firmware. (OFW): Official FW. (CFW): Custom FW. (BB): Baseband. (JAU): Jailbreak/Activate/Unlock. (MFW): Modem Firmware. (SA) SIM Adapter.

armstrongcobb is offline -Hacks Newbie

Recover iPhone contacts from iTunes backup file
    1. Open iTunes on your computer.
    2. Plug in your iPhone to your computer just as you would to sync it normally.
    Locate the iPhone in the "Devices" column at the left of the iTunes application window.
    3. Right-click on the iPhone icon in the "Devices" column and select "Restore From Backup." Select one of the backup versions from the drop-down menu and click the "Restore" button. This will restore any contacts that you have lost since your last sync in iTunes.

dm646 is offline Moderator -Hacks Ninja

really a necro bump..
    THREAD RULES:
    don’t bash anyone asking for help
    don’t use this thread to start a flame war
    don’t use unsuitable language (this is a child friendly thread)
    if you find an error with this thread please post it in red (like this line) with your help we will keep any brick possibilities to a minimum
    Do not use red for anything else.