Thread: iphone recovery/ emergency calls

little_butterfly is offline -Hacks Newbie

I'm new here and have never had any problems with my lovely iphone until today...

My iphone is from eBay and is unlocked which I think means jail broken (I actually don't know much at all so forgive me!)

Anyway I was doing my weekly update music etc via itunes which had always worked just fine but I clicked the update button for the iphone & now I can only make emergency calls. It is popping up with the alert in various languages & is showing the itunes & usb picture. On itunes it says my sim is not supported please insert original sim!

So I did a little research and downloaded ziphone... things were looking hopeful when it was in recovery mode & I was able to restore settings. This took a while & itunes informed me factory setting were restored and would appear in itunes in however many seconds.

Then it was back to emergency calls only so...

What do I do? I have no idea about firm ware and other such things. Please help! icry for my iphone.

imported_billo is offline -Hacks Newbie

I think your iphone was jailbroken and unlocked using yellowSn0w so when you updated with Itunes you must have updated the baseband which removed the unlock and now it locked I dont think there's any way to undo this yet!!!!!! the only way is to use the orginal sim not 100% sure though good luck with it:o

usedcargodd is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

It depends on what kind of phone you are using. If it is a 3G phone (black plastic back) then yeah, the update messed you up. If it is a 2G phone (silver metal back) you can fix the problem. What phone do you have??? No one here recommends Ziphone either. Quickpwn 2.2.5-2 is what you need to be using. It is completely safe and reversible.
    2G 16Gb 3.0
    100% Working on T-Mobile

little_butterfly is offline -Hacks Newbie

Its a 2G 16gb phone...

I'm worried that I can no longer use my phone :'( where do I go from here?

Aliandro Operator is offline -Hacks Guru

Thats easy. Just download QuickPwn 2.2.5-2 and get over with it. Thats it.

The Operator.
    Legend: (FW): Firmware. (OFW): Official FW. (CFW): Custom FW. (BB): Baseband. (JAU): Jailbreak/Activate/Unlock. (MFW): Modem Firmware. (SA) SIM Adapter.

usedcargodd is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Sweet! Every time I see people with 3G phones they updated and locked themselves out of it makes me feel bad. lol. But yeah, I bought a 2G phone just so I couldn't ever lock myself out of it. If you have any questions we'll do our best to help you out. Follow the tutorial and you'll be fine!
    2G 16Gb 3.0
    100% Working on T-Mobile

sevenstive is offline -Hacks Newbie

Yes, you can recover from an old backup, but it will recover everything in that backup; there's no way to selectively recover from a backup. Which is a good reason to back up daily.
    If you back up to your computer connect the phone to your computer, right click on it in iTunes, and choose "restore from backup". If you back up to iCloud go to Settings/General/Reset - Erase All Content and Settings. You will then be asked if you want to restore from the iCloud backup.

sevenstive is offline -Hacks Newbie

Yes, you can recover from an old backup, but it will recover everything in that backup; there's no way to selectively recover from a backup. Which is a good reason to back up daily.
    If you back up to your computer connect the phone to your computer, right click on it in iTunes, and choose "restore from backup". If you back up to iCloud go to Settings/General/Reset - Erase All Content and Settings. You will then be asked if you want to restore from the iCloud backup.

dm646 is offline Moderator -Hacks Ninja

really spam really..one..bumping an old thread from 2009! thats one easy way to get caught..and two..double posting..
    THREAD RULES:
    don’t bash anyone asking for help
    don’t use this thread to start a flame war
    don’t use unsuitable language (this is a child friendly thread)
    if you find an error with this thread please post it in red (like this line) with your help we will keep any brick possibilities to a minimum
    Do not use red for anything else.