Thread: AppSync 3.0 v1.1 without using Cydia.

imported_DSpider is offline -Hacks Newbie

Is there a way to manually download AppSync 3.0 without using Cydia ? If you know the right repository link there should be no problem, right ? It's just a stupid file anyway (named "installd"). Using "iFunBox" you should be albe to overwrite the default one (back it up first, tho) !

I think there is a way, I just don't know what the repo link is. For ScummVM v0.14.0 (only one that works on iPhone OS 3.0) I downloaded this file, used iFunBox to copy ScummVM.app to Raw File System/User/Applications/ScummVM. Even made a Games folder inside. Rebooted and it works perfectly.

How do I do that for AppSync ?

From /usr/libexec I know I need to replace "installd" with the modified one (but only after backing up the original file first). Again, how to I get my hands on AppSync 3.0 v1.1 ? Is there a newer version ?

imported_DSpider is offline -Hacks Newbie

Never mind, here it is:

http://rapidshare.com/files/25311668..._by_Reilly.rar
    http://hotfile.com/dl/8203685/914f35...eilly.rar.html

Special thanks to this Reilly person for uploading it. Thanks man ! Whoever you are. Thanks.

The archive also comes with an indian mp3 renamed as ThankYou. Ignore it or play it. Doesn't matter. You can also use iFunBox to copy the files since DiskAid will eventualy expire (shareware), but for this you should use DiskAid nonetheless because it worked for me so it *should* for you too. The procedure is to overwrite the old "installd" file from "/usr/libexec/" with the one from the archive above. That's it.

Don't delete it and copy the new one where the old one used to be. Just overwrite the old with the new.

PS: You don't need any "Documents" folders (as many other tutorials state). I had my doubts about those in the first place. Cheers.