Thread: iPhone 3gs stuck in recovery mode

imported_bamrocks2 is offline -Hacks Newbie

I jailbroke and unlocked my iPhone with redsn0w 0.9.6b4. I had it on 4.2.1 firmware. i was downloading applications on Cydia when it told me to reboot i clicked reboot and it just started to constantly reboot. I put it into DFU mode then connected into my computer and tried to restore but it showed up with errors. i turned it on and it was in recovery mode and itunes wouldnt restore it. i tried restoring using custom firmwares but it always gives me error 3194. ive tried ireb,tiny umbrella, deleting contents in 'Device Support', basically everything i could find. i really just want my phone to work anyway thats possible? i need the help please.

lcf13 is offline Varcolac Moderator -Hacks Veteran

3194 host file error, go and change the line in notepad(i assumed that u are changed last line to 74.28.....) and undone that after that (i assuming that u have shsh saved for 4.2.1 firmware) restore again with umbrella running in background!

what modem firmware are u running? is it normal or iPads 06.15 baseband??

its running ipad 6.15 baseband. and i have changed that in notepad but i dont have shsh for 4.2.1 but i have 4.1 and 4.3??

well go for 4.1 custom firmware, and remember the only way to restore that baseband is custom firmware! so either make one or download one!

Error 3194
    Occurs when trying to install an old firmware and Apple's server disallows the installation. The only solution is to have SHSH backup and modify the hosts file to point to Saurik's Cydia Server where they are backed up (or localhost if you have it yourself).

just to make sure what do i change in the hosts file?

try first like with umbrella running and press start TSS server(umbrella) than shift+restore in itunes selecT CUSTOM FIRMWARE 4.1 OR whatewer firmware u have shsh codes saved, finish restore(with error 1015 or so...)
    quit itunes, go to umbrella again and press kick the device out the recovery

what do i do if tiny umbrella doesnt recongnize my iphone?

So, open the file C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts (Windows) or /etc/hosts (Mac OS X) and add the following entry to the bottom of the file.

74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
    After this try restoring to a custom firmware!

forample is offline -Hacks Newbie

The following will work for you to recover lost data of iPhone stuck in recovery mode.
    Solution 1 : Turn off your device , then turn back on and everything should be fine.

Solution 2 : Plug your device into a PC or a MAC then iTunes should detect your device is in recovery mode and release you from recovery mode.

ITUNES will automatically pick it up and a pop up box will probally say that your IPHONE is in recovery mode would you like to restore?

3. Click the restore tab.
    Note - If ITUNES if out of date, this will not work.
    Note - Do not do this over WIFI
    Note - Do not interrupt the restore
    Note - If you did not make a previous back up, your iPhone will restore back to the factory settings.

Solution 3 : RESTORE, your iPod

Solution 4: Press and hold the power button for 5 secs , press and hold the home button and release the power button. Now press the power button and the home button for 10 secs.

Hope iPhone Data Recovery helps!

dm646 is offline Moderator -Hacks Ninja

Really..3 year old thread..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    THREAD RULES:
    don’t bash anyone asking for help
    don’t use this thread to start a flame war
    don’t use unsuitable language (this is a child friendly thread)
    if you find an error with this thread please post it in red (like this line) with your help we will keep any brick possibilities to a minimum
    Do not use red for anything else.