Thread: Unlocking help

williamsce is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default Unlocking help

hey could u help me with this software. i am trying to use it to sim unlock a 3gs on 4.3.3.. it completes but only installs cydia. my sim card still says no service

Demonchild is offline #thatguy -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by williamsce View Post
    hey could u help me with this software. i am trying to use it to sim unlock a 3gs on 4.3.3.. it completes but only installs cydia. my sim card still says no service
    Redsn0w does not unlock your phone. You have to install ultrasn0w from cydia and have a compatible baseband for it. (Explained in ultrasn0w description page)

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

Guide for M33 firmwares | Install DCv8 |PS3 Hacking Thread

PSP: 6.60 PRO-B10 | PS3: 4.30 | Xbox: LT+ v3.0 [Li-On] | G2x: CM 7.2 Nightly
    Twitter

williamsce is offline -Hacks Newbie

Merging:

need some help sim unlocking an iphone 3GS with ipsw 4.3.3. i tried using snowbreeze but it tell me the ipsw im using isnt valid. i only see two 4.3.3 ipsw files at iclarified, which has a pretty comprehensive list, i have used redsnow but it appears to only install cydia.

Thanks in advance

aaaah. i c. thanks man. gonna do that now. btw how do i take this phone out dfu mode

Auto-Merge: ok, ive done the ultrasnow from cydia. i installs to the phone and asks me to reboot phone but its just searching then says no service

lcf13 is offline Varcolac Moderator -Hacks Veteran

checj for the compatibility baseband and please post to help!
    compatible basebands 04.26-05.13+unpopular 06.15 iphone 3G,3GS 01.59 iPhone4!

moving to help!

lcf13 is offline Varcolac Moderator -Hacks Veteran

once again, redsn0w jailbreaks the device, ultrasn0w unlock it if u are on a supported baseband. to check the baseband read the info onto device settings/general/about / scroll to modemfirmware and read the info, if u are on a aupported baseband u can unlock it via ultrasn0w if not, well thaere is always Gevey hardware based unlock or unpoppular baseband update to 06.15. but u will LOOSE GPS ANS SOMETHING MORE!

seri is offline -Hacks Newbie

I will help you.