Thread: iphone wont respring

rockhead631 is offline -Hacks Veteran

Default iphone wont respring

ok so i have an iphone 4s and its on 6.0.1 jailbroken i believe ok i was removing some tweaks and things i installed over time trying to clean up some space no problem on i resprung the springboard and when i did i got stuck in the apple logo loop and i have no way to get out of it i would of just put in dfu or recovery but my only problem is is that my sleep/ lock button is damaged and i cannot seem to find a way that will allow me to boot properly my iphone when i plug it in i can access it through i fun box and itunes as if nothing is wrong i have tried plugging it in while holding the home to get it to recovery that didnt work and i also tried pressing the up volume button after letting it die and reboot and still nothing if anyone can help me i would appreciate it!

update was just able to finally get into recovery mode by holding the home button from a dead battery my hand hurts now lol ill update if i succeed please though if anyone has any suggestions please i could use some

ok i can get it into recovery i tried to use the redsn0w recovery fix but that didnt work it doesnt seem like its stuck in the loop because i can access the phone remotely through i-fun-box and itunes i really cant afford to lose all my data in a restore does anyone have any ideas on what i can try now when it starts to boot up from a dead battery the apple logo and screen are bright but after a few moments it goes dim and like i said i can access it through my laptop but other than that no luck on the phone

more info on my problem here: i need some major help! phone is stuck - iPhoneHacks Forums

the person on there says i should just restore but i really dont want to do that but is there any thing else i could try before going down that route? someone please help me! :/

Last edited by dm646; 08-14-2013 at 02:13 PM. Reason: merged

dm646 is offline Moderator -Hacks Ninja

backup what you can and restore or try to fix the broken button :/
    THREAD RULES:
    donít bash anyone asking for help
    donít use this thread to start a flame war
    donít use unsuitable language (this is a child friendly thread)
    if you find an error with this thread please post it in red (like this line) with your help we will keep any brick possibilities to a minimum
    Do not use red for anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by dm646 View Post
    backup what you can and restore or try to fix the broken button :/
    damn haha i was trying to not have to do that and what can i do to fix the broken button cause i dont have much money to spend on getting it fixed or a new phone and im unsure of how to do it or feel secure doing it my self
    Last edited by rockhead631; 08-14-2013 at 02:43 PM.

dm646 is offline Moderator -Hacks Ninja

its hard if its your first time and opening and closing the iphone/ipod touch is easy in my experience but getting it back to the way it looks hasnt worked as good for me..always either lifts up or the new glue/tape starts coming undone for whatever reason i.e. getting too warm in pocket or in the heat/sun etc...

iPhone 4S Teardown Review by DirectFix.com - YouTube

that link should help with opening the 4s and before you ask you do need a pentalobe screwdriver to open it on iphone 4 and up you need one no ifs ands or butts *that im aware of* but they are cheap on ebay iPhone 4 or 4S 5 Point Star Pentalobe Pentacle Screwdriver torx driver 4G USA US on eBay!
    THREAD RULES:
    donít bash anyone asking for help
    donít use this thread to start a flame war
    donít use unsuitable language (this is a child friendly thread)
    if you find an error with this thread please post it in red (like this line) with your help we will keep any brick possibilities to a minimum
    Do not use red for anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by dm646 View Post
    its hard if its your first time and opening and closing the iphone/ipod touch is easy in my experience but getting it back to the way it looks hasnt worked as good for me..always either lifts up or the new glue/tape starts coming undone for whatever reason i.e. getting too warm in pocket or in the heat/sun etc...

iPhone 4S Teardown Review by DirectFix.com - YouTube

that link should help with opening the 4s and before you ask you do need a pentalobe screwdriver to open it on iphone 4 and up you need one no ifs ands or butts *that im aware of* but they are cheap on ebay iPhone 4 or 4S 5 Point Star Pentalobe Pentacle Screwdriver torx driver 4G USA US on eBay!
    im most likely gonna have someone do it for me but i think i figured out the name to my problem from all my searching i believe i have the apple logo of death it seems its been a problem on iphones since ios 2.0.1 and everyone says to just restore but i cannot for some reason ive tried on 2 different laptops i think im gonna have to get the button fixed put in dfu and restore that way cause everyone was saying use tiny umbrella and i cant without dfu i can get into recovery but even that doesnt work to restore right now

update: i had the button fixed and i got it in dfu but it wont let me restore thru itunes and i found out tiny umbrella needs shsh blobs and i dont have any of those what should i do haha im stuck again but one set forward haha

UPDATE: im up and runnin on 6.1.3 had to update and lost my jb anyone know where i can find a copy of ios 7 beta 6 for iphone 4s non developer i cant jailbreak any ways so might as well see what the new ios is all about
    Last edited by rockhead631; 08-23-2013 at 12:08 AM.