Thread: help got no signal iphone 3gs

big_russ is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default help got no signal iphone 3gs

hi im sort of new to this hacking iphone stuff.but put it in a simple term i ulocked
    my iphone with red snow and now i have no signal i got wifi and all works just cant make any call in or out.

it's nomal pay as you go sim card vodafone im now stuck on baseband 06.15.00
    iv done reset a lot of times and done reboot so many times i care to remember
    im just at my wit ends.

Kevmau5 is offline God to All Mod -Hacks Guru

Have you used the SAMprefs and SAM method to activate the simcard in the phone? (if you have a quick google you will find tutorial's on how to EXACTLY do this)
    http://s1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd401/Kevmau5/?action=view&current=JB.jpg&newest=1

big_russ is offline -Hacks Newbie

na still nothing.
    i tunes wont tack my sim.
    just got another sim a orange one that one says no service.

Was it brand new or did you buy it from ebay or similar?

It possibly has a blocked IMEI number. If this is the case......you now have an Ipod and there is nothing you can do. You could ask the official carrier to unlock it depending where you live (I'm thining the UK, and It may also cost abot £15 or $20 or whatever) or possibly ask Orange to unlock it if they are not the official carrier.
    I'm not sure if they could or WOULD tell you if the IMEI was blocked (They will not unblock it!!!)
    http://s1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd401/Kevmau5/?action=view&current=JB.jpg&newest=1

dm646 is offline Moderator -Hacks Ninja

hmmm coming from an ex-apple employee since you have a power cycle a "reboot" until slide to power off correct? how about reset network settings? settings>general>reset>reset network settings it will just refresh network settings wifi, 3g you will lose any wifi wep wpa keys ect that are stored all your contacts and everything else will be fine .. could be blocked imei..never herd of this sort of thing happeneing was the phone bought new for a pay 'n go? or was it bought 2nd hand and a pay as you go sim card? if all else fails back everything up and restore the phone as new..WILL REMOVE THE UNLOCK!!!!!

oh and save some money and dont call apple on it...all we got paid to do was go to apple.com/support and look up the KB knowledge Base articles and walk customers thru them
    THREAD RULES:
    don’t bash anyone asking for help
    don’t use this thread to start a flame war
    don’t use unsuitable language (this is a child friendly thread)
    if you find an error with this thread please post it in red (like this line) with your help we will keep any brick possibilities to a minimum
    Do not use red for anything else.

There are two problem's with his problem. He's updated the phone's baseband to that of the Ipad. He's either got a phone with a blocked IMEI number and therefore won't read any simcard at all. Or he's not using the SAM / SAMprefs properly while activating in itune's etc.