Thread: stopping all functions

dracule is offline Senior Member -Hacks Veteran

In my quest to make me game, i have added a menu, and some levels. the problem lies with the menu still being active(i can see it in the background) when i load a level. I am currently using something like this
    Code:
    if level==1 then
    dofile("level1.lua")
    elseif level==2 then
    dofile("level2.lua")
    ...etc.
    end
    when i select my level, it loads the level fine but from a wallpaper error you can see my menu still going on in the background. my concern is that this will make my game slow down. what function should i use instead of "dofile"? or what function should i use to cease the menu from opperating?

Fd! will forever be my hero. Please take the time to vote for my group for Ecomagination: here Thanks for voting FD., Jibbz, OGTiago, Scorpus, Jsamp, killaj

LordCthulu is offline Senior Member -Hacks Enthusiast

what menu do you mean? in-game, or like a main menu before you start the game?
    Oldest psp-hacks member ever.

dracule is offline Senior Member -Hacks Veteran

the ingame menu. i got animations going and in my level i can still see my animations in the background.

Fd! will forever be my hero. Please take the time to vote for my group for Ecomagination: here Thanks for voting FD., Jibbz, OGTiago, Scorpus, Jsamp, killaj

LordCthulu is offline Senior Member -Hacks Enthusiast

hmm...not sure how your doing your menu. if you want it to completely stop the game just do a while loop, and only draw the menu while inside the loop?
    Oldest psp-hacks member ever.