Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Lua Help Thread

illfoundedmind is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

joshparrisjosh: There is also a good example of how tilesets should be done (just scrap your script) http://wiki.ps2dev.org/psp:lua_player:tutorial (all the way at the bottom).
    or http://psplua.com/modules/xoopsfaq/i...p?cat_id=1#q15

soulkiller: How a rotation function works is by having the program read each line of pixels and offset or rearrange those pixel in a given order. For obvious reason rotating at a "simple" angle is quite easy. Rotating at a complex angle is much harder. I do not have that much time, hence the reason for only one thread for me to respond to. I have done some GDI in the past. But the function you are asking for is beyond my available time.

Basically you want:

I'll give you:
    http://homepages.borland.com/efg2lab...teScanline.htm
    The function your asking for can be done by simply porting the algorithm ^^. Or if you want to do things the lazy way, and never learn a thing, you could just include your rotated image as well.

july 19

soulkiller is offline -Hacks Smarty

lol actually I was going to do the rotations in photoshop and then save every image rotation and just do it like that ^.^ I'm going to check out the algorithm right now and see if i can make someting of it and btw I have seen some people do something like this before execpt it either corrupts your image that your rotating (ex: missing pixels) or it slows down your program dramticly. I've actually been looking for something like this since well.... I started my first real lua script (I think I even started a thread about it and illfoundedmind tried to help me out abit) so if I get this to work and I mean work WELL I'll make a function or might even make my own version of lua player to do it and give it to somebody in need :D

edit: well I checked the algotitm out and got the basic idea of it did some tweaking and well to my dismay it is slow, to slow for how i'm going to use it considering how much rotation theirs going to be in my script. So I guess I'm just going to use preformated images. I guess its not that bad it just means I need to spend some more time in photoshop.

NEW QUESTION

Is their a way to retreive all of you varibles in game? I know this would be more of a lua function than a lua player function but What I would like to do is in game it returns all of the names of varibles that I have declared I'm not sure if this is possible but if it is please do tell
    GOOGLE IS YOUR FREIND, USE IT. IF GOOGLE FAILS THEN REFER TO THIS LINK MQ:BtG Programmer

Not that I know of ??? (you can call but as for a single command hmmmm...). Good lucky with your function if you get lucky feel free to share it ;) or if you get stuck I might know a thing or two ;) . About the slowness:

Quote Originally Posted by illfoundedmind
    In other news, Dark Killer ( ;) ) has added a few interesting commands that you can all use in V 0.17dk2.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lua_Player

1. Added System.Quit() which will exit Lua Player back to the PSP browser
    2. Added System.isUmdInserted() and will return true if a UMD is inserted
    3. Added System.initUMD() which will mount the UMD to disk0: (it will not launch it)
    4. Added System.setCpuSpeedHigh(), System.setCpuSpeedMed(), and System.setCpuSpeedReg() which changes the CPU speed to 333 MHz, 266 MHz, and 222 MHz respectively.

This will help your apps run smoother 8)
    july 19

hmmmm I didn't think of that..... I'll give it a shot and btw do you think if I did it in C and them import it into a custom ver of lua it would be faster?
    GOOGLE IS YOUR FREIND, USE IT. IF GOOGLE FAILS THEN REFER TO THIS LINK MQ:BtG Programmer

mafia1ft is offline -Hacks Newbie

is there a way to make a program do nothing for 2 seconds

umm I'm pretty sure its
    screen.waitVblankStart(120)
    the reason I put 120 their is thats how many milliseconds it will pause, So if you wanted it to be 5 sec it would be
    screen.waitVblankStart(300)
    I'm almost positive thats correct but if I'm wrong please correct me

mafia1ft is offline -Hacks Newbie

yeh it worked thanks soulkiller

Quote Originally Posted by soulkiller
    hmmmm I didn't think of that..... I'll give it a shot and btw do you think if I did it in C and them import it into a custom ver of lua it would be faster?
    Yes code it in c and mod the lua player to make your own custom lua player. Chances are Shine or Nevyn will add it to the actually lua player if the function is well coded (I know many how could use it).

"Shine and Nevyn have released an update to Luaplayer now at version 0.18 this release is an alpha copy and could have bugs. Also This release adds Module Load support (Thanks to Oobles).

Shine and Nevyn currently don't have much time for adding more features and fixing bugs, so if you are a good C++ programmer, you can contribute to Lua Player.

Download:[url=http://psplua.com/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?cid=7&lid=216]LuaPlayer v0.18 -Alpha- fw1.5[url]"

Quote Originally Posted by mafia1ft
    is there a way to make a program do nothing for 2 seconds
    Soulkiller already answer it or you could get the psp current time and work of that -- just to let you know ;)
    july 19

modsyn is offline -Hacks Guru

Quote Originally Posted by LuaPlayer Wiki
    System.sleep(number)
    Pauses program execution for the specified time in milliseconds. It doesn’t affect any timer object.
    straight from the luaplayer docs. you should really learn how to look up API/documentation.

in case you were wondering, that info was found at http://wiki.ps2dev.org/psp:lua_player:functions
    which is a direct link from this page: http://wiki.ps2dev.org/psp:lua_player
    which is a direct link from luaplayer.org (the official luaplayer site)

and 2000 milliseconds equals 2 regular seconds.
    jMEnc Guide, jMEnc2 page - by the way, you smell nice

really??? I could of swore miliseconds go by 60's like seconds and minutes

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast