Thread: Can you program the Chotto in Lua?

over_clox is offline -Hacks Member

Default Can you program the Chotto in Lua?

I'm gradually learning to program homebrew, and so far it looks like I have no choice but to use C to program the Chotto camera. I have found no such homebrew written in Lua, but I do already have a few C sources that do it.

If there IS any way to program it in Lua, it would probably save me some headache and time getting it running. Is there a way to do this in Lua, or will I have to stick to learning C/C++ to do this?

2 Phat PSPs: First went through hell, reassembled scrap parts from 2 bad PSPs. Second is practically new except a repaired battery clip, both running 3.52 M33-4, first clean install, second modded. No, not planning to upgrade either.

over_clox is offline -Hacks Member

Seriously, nothing? It's a simple yes/no question. I guess that means few people write in Lua (I pretty much figured that out before I even asked).

Before I start getting deep enough into homebrew coding to actually write my own programs, I'd like to know which language I'll be using so I can focus on just that one. The program I have in mind is mainly mathematical, which is about all I'll publicly disclose for now (and probably for quite a while). All I need is the ability to take pictures, process pixels, and save files. The ability to configure things like the camera contrast would be a definite bonus. I don't even need the video abilities. I've read that there are ways to mix C/C++ functions into Lua, but I don't know if that would allow me to actually access the camera through Lua & C, or if there might be an easier way using just Lua alone.

I'm prepared to start learning the formalities of C if it comes down to it, but I'm pretty sure I could get my code running much faster and easier through Lua instead. Alas, it's starting to look like I have only one realistic option . . . C++.

I'm hoping for a better answer, at least for the early stages of my program, but I am prepared to be disappointed.
    2 Phat PSPs: First went through hell, reassembled scrap parts from 2 bad PSPs. Second is practically new except a repaired battery clip, both running 3.52 M33-4, first clean install, second modded. No, not planning to upgrade either.