Thread: x box broke??

welshlad2 is offline -Hacks Newbie

hi i have bought a chipped x box but when i turn it on it comes up with cannot connect to x box live please try again later?? but when i press the button on the controller it just stays on ??it was working but some kids got hold of it and maybe messed around with the settings?? is there a way i could get it back to the way it was? there is 300 games on the hd too, PLEASE HELP

Midian is offline -Hacks Veteran

sounds like your xbox is banned from XBL because its modded. and there is nothing you can do about that!
    :::::All my obstacles have disappeared. I am God of this new world. -Light ep:25:::::
    ::::JOIN http://www.reticentreprisal.freeforums.org/ NOW!!!!::::

imported_Guest Guest

If the console was not banned, it certainly is now. Messed with settings huh? Yep, they probably turned on the auto sign-in... Xbox will sign into XBL when booted up when that option is enabled. Boot without a LAN cable in, and see where it goes.

Do you get a BIOS logo anywhere when you boot up? EVOX at the top left? Or the Xecutor bottom middle...

After it tries to sign in, Press these buttons, all the SAME TIME: LEFT+RIGHT+BACK+START (IGR) and see if it resets and goes to the Alternate dashboard.

If not, you need a boot disc so you can reset the options and all...

This is all assuming you are CHIP or TSOP modded.

IF that is a SOFTMOD, then the softmod is messed up.