Thread: (XBOX 1) Can i install another dashboard on my modded xbox ?

imported_thebib62 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Right now i have unleashX on my xbox but i want to use xboxhdm so i can replace my hard drive to put in a bigger one. IS it possible for me to do this?

imported_Guest Guest

speak to powerslave, he is the man for this

imported_Guest Guest

Quote Originally Posted by thebib62
    Right now i have unleashX on my xbox but i want to use xboxhdm so i can replace my hard drive to put in a bigger one. IS it possible for me to do this?
    So, you have a SOFTMODDED Xbox, yes?

I just built a 40GB for my Kid's softmodded XBos using XboxHDM, and there is some work that needs to be done. Unfortunately, I had to reinstall the softmod, for some reason it didn't transfer AS IS to the 40GB I used.

You can install another dashboard, but UnleashX is ok, there are two ways to get another dashboard up... You can use XBOX MEDIA CENTER as a lunched app too...

Place the other dashboard in your APPS directory, and launch it as an application, example:
    E:\Apps\Avalaunch\ (files and folders)

I do not know what system you used to Softmod, so the replacing of the dashboard on BOOT will be different depending upon what was used. You are better leaving it alone unless you are VERY familiar with how a softmod works. I use EVOX, and launch what I want from there...

XboxHDM is not an easy thing to use, it took me 2 hours to get it right, and I am now compltely FAMILIAR with it. When you make a XboxHDM Boot disc, it is only for the XBOX you are going to work on, so from now on, you use that boot disc to make/restore drives for YOUR box, no one else's. YOU must read the directions before even attempting to use it. IT takes about a HALF HOUR to biuld another HDD for XBox... There are also two ways to make a larger softmodded drive... From scratch, or direct copy, but that requires HOT SWAPPING, and you do not want to do that. You need the EEPROM folder with the data ON the linux boot disc, along with folders C and E that contain the original XBOX files and folders. This is what tailors the boot disc to YOUR xbox only, because when you LOCK the HDD, it uses the EEPROM folder to lock it, for YOUR box.

You can make a simple HDM boot disc, then use a seperate disc in another cd/dvd drive with the C,E, and EEPROM folders for the XBOX you want to upgrade...

I can now upgrade Xbox SOFTMODDED Hard Drives, and you only need to go 120GB with a softmodded drive because the BIOS in the SID 4, I am not sure if it is LBA48 enabled...

Anyhow, you have choices, but XboxHDM is not user friendly...