Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Xbox issues

The_Wii_Nes_Boy is offline -Hacks Smarty

Default Xbox issues

Hi guys,

so my friend gave me an original Xbox today which he no longer wants and because it wasn't working, he told me that it keeped freezing at the Xbox logo.

I fixed the freezing error which was caused by a faulty IDE cable (HDD wasn't getting picked up) but the disc drive seems to keep spinning constantly even though there is no disc in the drive.

I've searched the net with no luck and was wondering if anyone knows whats causing it and is it possible for me to disable the disc drive altogether and just use the 120Gb WD HDD thats installed in it to play games from, just ask if you need any further info.

Thanks in advanced.

The sleepless insomniac !!
    Check this out-> The Wired Network Box - World of Stuff
    http://twitter.com/WiredNetworkBox

Powerslave is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

You have to MOD it, of course, to use a larger drive. Chipping is the best way, because softmodding means you need XboxHDM to make a NEW larger drive, then softmod that one and format F/G partitions. Or, if a V1.0 to 1.5, you can softmod, solder some jumpers on the mainboard and flash the onboard TSOP. If you make one mistake, you're done and will have to chip it to get it working.

The DVD drives spin up, and the head seeks at EVERY power on, but it should stop. You can take the DVD drive apart, leave leave the top of the drive off, and see what it's doing when it boots up.

You can use ANY DVD drive, from ANY OTHER XB1, there is no security there, no key and nothing to flash, it is plug-n-play. The HDD, those are LOCKED with a key, every XB has its own lock key. This information is in the Serial EEPROM, and is easily dumped when modded so you will have a copy of the EEPROM and the drive key.

The Xbox will boot without the DVD drive once it is chipped. IT may boot without it now. You cannot softmod if the DVD drive does not work. Buying a Modchip with the EvoX or Xecuor bios will work. Then you can FTP into the xbox, but you STILL need the DVD drive to dump the games to the HDD. So, no matter what, you need the drive.

You will need DVD2XBOX or HDD_Loader to dump the games to the HDD. I have everything there is for XB1, and I still have two modded XB1s, plus my Halo Edition...

To softmod, you need an Action Replay adapter for the PC, you need to download the SID4.0 package and Linux profile for Splinter Cell. I have the original Splinter Cell, and the SID package on a memory card. I can softmod a Box in 5 minutes. It takes a half hour to hour to build another HDD with XboxHDM. YOu have to make a PC boot disc, with the EPPROM dump so it can make a HDD. The HDD has to support LOCKING... It's not really complicated, but is all learnable as with anything else.

DO NOT unlock a drive if you are softmodded, Xbox will not boot, and you have to chip it. The original bios loads first, and checks the HDD to be locked, then the exploit takes over. So, if you unblock it, the process never gets started.

Already has an xecuter 2 and 120 Gb Wd drive installed :D

Drive just keeps spinning, I left it running for a good 30 minutes and it was still going. So I can diconnect the disc drive altogether with no adverse affect, this means I can install a second HDD if I wanted.

Do I need to use the disc drive to dump games to the HDD? or is there similar apps to the PS2 where I can transfer games and homebrew over FTP.

You can install another HDD in place of the DVD, but it won't be recognized. The only time this works, is with software written to copy the contents of one HDD to another for upgrading. Placing a HDD on the DVD site will not work, or you will get E11 or E12 on boot.

You have to use the Xb1 DVD, connected to the system and working, to dump the games.

You FTP the software to the Xbox HDD, under E:\APPS or F:\APPS

F:\APPS\DVD2XBOX\files
    F:\APPS\HDDLOADER\files

You can't use the PC to dump games, it doesn't recognize XDVDFS.

You can still buy XB1 drives from Ebay, they are plug-n-play.

Thanks for all the info.

My site has ALL this info dude, ALL of it...
    http://home.comcast.net/~admiral_powerslave/

www.xbox-backups.org and .net

The domains are going to expire, and I won't renew them, no point in it. They want WAY too much to renew them, when I paid 11.00 a year since, and now jump it up to over $60.00? That's crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerslave
    My site has ALL this info dude, ALL of it...
    http://home.comcast.net/~admiral_powerslave/

www.xbox-backups.org and .net

The domains are going to expire, and I won't renew them, no point in it. They want WAY too much to renew them, when I paid 11.00 a year since, and now jump it up to over $60.00? That's crazy.
    Is that just for the domain name or the webspace plus domain name?

They want that for the .NET and .ORG domain names, and that's ridiculous. I use my Comcast free space for the web space, the domains just redirect.

Yeah I agree those prices are steep, I'd be getting in touch with them and asking why the price has jumped to over 550% what you were paying.

Back to the XBox :D I removed the optical drive because it wont stop spinning and successfully connected to the Xbox's HDD via FTP, it's all straight forward stuff actually.
    Now I can catch up on a few games I missed out on plus I have a nice emulator box, besides that I can't really think of much else to do with it.

I forgot, if you happen to acquire Xb1 ISO files, I have software that will extract it to the FILES, so you can FTP it to F:\Games or G:\Games. You still need to Patch the XBE media flag from Disc to the HDD, and I think DVD2XBOX does that. The program is Qwix by the way...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast