The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!

Would you like to get all the new buzz from Dashhacks in your email each day?

Want to learn more about the team who brings you the Dash Hacks news?

Read about them now!

Thread: XBMC4XBOX 3.0.1 Stable Released!

Powerslave is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

Default XBMC4XBOX 3.0.1 Stable Released!

Announced: stable version 3.0.1 of the popular media center platform XBMC for the 1st generation XBOX (now called XBMC4XBOX). A huge amount of work has been put into this, and it features numerous additions and improvements over the last release such as...

* librtmp Support (http://rtmpdump.mplayerhq.hu/) to support many online video streaming services.

* Updates to dvdplayer’s ffmpeg libraries, including some tweaks for additional speed. Performance with h.264 for example is much improved from previous releases thanks to plenty of optimisations upstream.

* Many improvements and bug fixes to the video/music libraries and scrapers.

* Python updated to 2.4.6 as well as improved compatibility for addons intended for mainline XBMC.

* Support for encoding CD’s to the FLAC format.

* We now ship with a customised version of the Confluence skin optimised for the XBOX.

* Bug fixes and updates to many core components such as Samba and libCurl – such as compatibility with Windows 7 shares.

and plenty more!

http://www.xbmc4xbox.org/

Get your download (via bittorrent):
    http://malus.exotica.org.uk/torrents...LE.RAR.torrent

mgdman44012 is offline Banned -Hacks Smarty

I have an old xbox in the closet...it it worth modding to use this?..is it better then the media player that is on the 360? I use it alot for movies but if this is better I might dig the old xbox out..what do you think?

I have THREE modded XB1s, sitting in a closet, so, NO, it isn't...

WeedZ1985 is offline Poof -Hacks Guru

rape

ERIFNOMI is offline oops -Hacks Titan

I really like XBMC for PC. I imagine it sucks for the original Xbox though.

Actually, it's nice for the XB1. I mounted an XB in my former 2000 Avenger ES, and used an LCSD screen, and used that for all my media. Worked great. I Modified a controller with a power button to turn the XB1 off and off with it. I had no complaints. I may put an XB360 into the Jeep, I have enough of them lying around.

ERIFNOMI is offline oops -Hacks Titan

The xbox can't handle HD though correct? That kinda sucks. XBMC has replaced WMC for me. It automatically pulls all kinds of data for everything. Go select a movies and it will tell you the actors. Select an actor and it will find other movies and TV shows that you have that that actor is in. WMC wouldn't even give you a description of movies or TV shows...

h3nno is offline -Hacks Member

Quote Originally Posted by Powerslave View Post
    Actually, it's nice for the XB1. I mounted an XB in my former 2000 Avenger ES, and used an LCSD screen, and used that for all my media. Worked great. I Modified a controller with a power button to turn the XB1 off and off with it. I had no complaints. I may put an XB360 into the Jeep, I have enough of them lying around.
    Nice mod, do you have pics?

Auto-Merge:
    Quote Originally Posted by ERIFNOMI View Post
    The xbox can't handle HD though correct? That kinda sucks. XBMC has replaced WMC for me. It automatically pulls all kinds of data for everything. Go select a movies and it will tell you the actors. Select an actor and it will find other movies and TV shows that you have that that actor is in. WMC wouldn't even give you a description of movies or TV shows...
    XBMC was great, I'd say it inspired most of the features for the XBOX360. What was the release date on 3.0.1? Are there any new releases of Slayer?
    Black fat PSP - OFW 2.50 > OFW 3.03 > GTA:LCS downgrade to 1.50 > CFW 3.90m33-3 w/ 1.5 kernal addon > 4.01m33 > semi-brick > full brick > CFW 3.90m33-3. > 4,01m33-2 w/ 1.5 kernal addon and 4.05 visualizations.

Hacked: 21 Fats 12 Slims.

Quote Originally Posted by ERIFNOMI View Post
    Yes it can, 720p max. Star Trek: Shattered Skies was in HD, along with some others. VIDEO, it's tough, but it can go 720p.

As for the SETUP? I don't have pics.

I glued jelly-like 1" rubber feet to the xbox unit, and glued the other ends on a 1/2" piece of plywood. I then mounted the 300 Watt Power Inverter to the plywood. Ran the A/V cable up to the dash through the rocker panel channels they provide for running wire. The modified controller has a yellow wire in it, which is NOT used (for light guns). You wire the yellow, from one of the USB ports (I used #2, so #1 was stock) to the power button solder pad (+) side in the xbox. Then you run the yellow wire in the controller to a micro monetary on, push button switch, you mount on the bottom of the controller. Then you wire the other lead of the switch to ground (black wire solder pad) in the controller. IT is harder with V1, and V1.1 boards, because it has a USB daughter board, so you need a little more work (trace cut and jumper). The V2 and up had all separate plugs with the wires exposed. I mounted an LCD screen to the Glove Box, and powered it. I use an RCA to HEADPHONE jack, to run that into the AUX port of the radio. WALLA, you got a nice media system... I made it so the Inverter comes on when the car is started, so you can turn the Xbox on at any time.

You can use an Xbox360 now, with no controller mods, as the power can be controlled with the (X) button now. A slim has the least power requirement, and would be ideal.

Some people have gone as far to make extension cables for the DVD drive, so it could be mounted at arms reach. Which is just a long 12Pin connector and SATA cable...

I saw a nice PS2 setup in a glove-box, like it came that way... All kinds of cool things you can do.

h3nno is offline -Hacks Member

Quote Originally Posted by Powerslave View Post
    Yes it can, 720p max. Star Trek: Shattered Skies was in HD, along with some others. VIDEO, it's tough, but it can go 720p.

As for the SETUP? I don't have pics.

I glued jelly-like 1" rubber feet to the xbox unit, and glued the other ends on a 1/2" piece of plywood. I then mounted the 300 Watt Power Inverter to the plywood. Ran the A/V cable up to the dash through the rocker panel channels they provide for running wire. The modified controller has a yellow wire in it, which is NOT used (for light guns). You wire the yellow, from one of the USB ports (I used #2, so #1 was stock) to the power button solder pad (+) side in the xbox. Then you run the yellow wire in the controller to a micro monetary on, push button switch, you mount on the bottom of the controller. Then you wire the other lead of the switch to ground (black wire solder pad) in the controller. IT is harder with V1, and V1.1 boards, because it has a USB daughter board, so you need a little more work (trace cut and jumper). The V2 and up had all separate plugs with the wires exposed. I mounted an LCD screen to the Glove Box, and powered it. I use an RCA to HEADPHONE jack, to run that into the AUX port of the radio. WALLA, you got a nice media system... I made it so the Inverter comes on when the car is started, so you can turn the Xbox on at any time.

You can use an Xbox360 now, with no controller mods, as the power can be controlled with the (X) button now. A slim has the least power requirement, and would be ideal.

Some people have gone as far to make extension cables for the DVD drive, so it could be mounted at arms reach. Which is just a long 12Pin connector and SATA cable...

I saw a nice PS2 setup in a glove-box, like it came that way... All kinds of cool things you can do.

Very nice indeed. Did you ever have any issues with with the 25 amp draw on the battery?
    I remember one mod where someone stuck a Xbox in to the Millennium Falcon - Star Wars.

Black fat PSP - OFW 2.50 > OFW 3.03 > GTA:LCS downgrade to 1.50 > CFW 3.90m33-3 w/ 1.5 kernal addon > 4.01m33 > semi-brick > full brick > CFW 3.90m33-3. > 4,01m33-2 w/ 1.5 kernal addon and 4.05 visualizations.

Hacked: 21 Fats 12 Slims.