The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!

Would you like to get all the new buzz from Dashhacks in your email each day?

Want to learn more about the team who brings you the Dash Hacks news?

Read about them now!

Thread: Can't run PSX & PSN on 3000-5.03 GEN-C

karlmorton is offline -Hacks Newbie

Unhappy Can't run PSX & PSN on 3000-5.03 GEN-C

PSP 3003 Brite v1.0
    TA-090 v2
    CFW 5.03 GEN-C

I recently got the above PSP and luckily it has OFW 5.03, I have used ChickHEN R2 and GEN-C, even the latest Prometheus CFW successfully, and can run ISO/CSO PSP games, run gpSP emulators, cwcheat, timebatterypercent, game categories v12 etc. But I am having problems running PSX games and connecting to PSN. I have been searching google & forums and have tried all sorts of things like popsloader and psnlover/psnfucker.

The PSX game (Spyro The Dragon) is in a folder as EBOOT.PBP with the key and such, and where I got it says it's from the PSN and not a ROM (I have tried these aswell). It shows on my PSP and loads the Sony warning message, but then my screen goes black for a few seconds and then shuts down. I have popsloader enabled in the GEN Recovery Menu, and I also have psnlover enabled but when I try to connect it says *A connection error has occurred. (805F0005)* As far as I can tell I'm doing everything right but its just PSX & PSN that I can't run.

Any help would be much appreciated as I have gone through the reset/hen/gen process so many times this is doing my head in :\

thatrandomguy is offline -Hacks Hacker

follow this for psx games
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/f127...gen-c-t256303/

and i beleive they patched psnlover as i am having trouble with that aswell. ever since they made 6.31 ofw.
    ask the monkey of psp-hacks.-ThatRandomGuy

Patch ISOS
    ,TRGS CFW GUIDE,Phantasy-star-online2-Userlist
    - I don't ask for much but rep is appreciated.

Rob S. is offline Super Moderator -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by karlmorton View Post
    The PSX game (Spyro The Dragon) is in a folder as EBOOT.PBP with the key and such, and where I got it says it's from the PSN and not a ROM (I have tried these aswell). It shows on my PSP and loads the Sony warning message, but then my screen goes black for a few seconds and then shuts down. I have popsloader enabled in the GEN Recovery Menu.
    Popsloader does not work with PSN PSOne classics, and the PSN version of Spyro the Dragon does not run on GEN firmwares.

There are a few PSN PSOne classics that do not run on GEN firmwares, but the majority of them do.

If you want to play Spyro the Dragon, try the original Playstation version and convert it to an EBOOT to play it.