Thread: PSX Blackscreens On PRO-B9 6.20

Izodius is offline -Hacks Newbie

Question PSX Blackscreens On PRO-B9 6.20

I've tried everything and I cannot get PSX eboots to load.

Model:
    PSPgo (05g)

Firmware Tried:
    All 6.20
    TN-E, TN-extended, PRO-B9 (light and perm)

Also tried Popsloader v3 on B9 with various versions for each game.

I've ripped multiple games with various ISO rippers - PSXiso, CloneCD, Alcohol 120%.

I've tried to encode to eboot with both PSX2PSP 1.4 and IceTea 1.3.

Every game I try goes to the warning screen (or custom loading screen) and then just to a black screen. On one of the combinations I got the PSX logo then the black screen.

Obviously I'm missing a core step here somewhere? Any help?

Thanks in advance.

Auto-Merge: Popsloader V4E rather. Not 3.

omgpwn is offline -Hacks Newbie

Pretty sure you're not doing this, but I did and struggled for days just to get it working. The file was a .bin.ecm so I deleted the .ecm to make it a .bin so I could use PSX2PSP on it. That made me black screen on that PSX game no matter what I did. Anyways, I wish you the best of luck, just don't do the same dumb thing I did. One more thing, be sure to to try lots of pops versions. I have tried certain pops versions on games because the Wiki said so and it did not work (surprisingly) so I had to try many more before I found one that worked perfectly.

samuraigundam is offline -Hacks Newbie

Hi, how important is the popsloader to the PSX ISOs?

Like izodius, I have tried many dfferent ways to create eboots, and though some of them come with image files that are instantly recognized by the psx2psp program, and create an eboot that loads perfectly, even before I installed the popsloader, some dont work no matter how I burn and convert them, no matter what I do with the popsloader.

I have literally spent about twenty hours trying different methods to get them to work, with no success.

When I extract a file, am I supposed to burn both the winrar archive and the image to create the ISO?

When a PSX eboot doesnt load, am I supposed to use the popsloader to choose a different setting (5.50, etc) to see which one makes the eboot work?

Which popsloader do you use?

Thanks.

Izodius is offline -Hacks Newbie

6.20 TNeXtender seems to be working for me, now if I could just figure out which exact process worked. I know I used PSP2PSX 1.4 but who knows which ISO ripped actually worked. Oddly they still won't boot on 6.20 PROB regardless of the POPS version I select.