Thread: Ace Combat 3 not working

NullCipher is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default Ace Combat 3 not working

Hello, I have a problem with Ace Combat 3 (Japanese version - 2 CDs). Everytime I convert an image to eboot it isn't working. I tried multiple images. I converted CDs separately and into one file. I am using PSP 2003 6.60 PROMOD-C.

Steven_PSN-14 is offline -Hacks Member

To know wherever it's the PSP not reading it or if it's a problem with the image you'll need to run your Ace Combat 3 image on a PC PSX emulator (ePSXe or your favorite PSX emulator).

The game runs flawlessly on emulator. Ace Combat is not the only game to freeze when launching. I have similar problems with MediEvil 2.

Hmm...
    1. Try checking what PSX plugins you have enabled (plug your PSP to a PC and check the /seplugins/POPS.txt file; is there any line with a 1 at the end (or any at all)?).
    If there are try disabling all, then try running the game. If it works, re-enable your plugins one by one, running the game in each case.

2. Have you tried remaking the EBOOT in a lower compression setting? It could work (uses more space though).

3. Maybe try installing POPSLoader v3? Here's a guide for installation.

I tried with all compression settings. POPSLoader not working, I got errors everytime i launched any game with it. I have enabled only 2 plugins - power saver and tempar lite.

Unfortunately that's all the suggestions I have, aside from trying it on another (hacked) PSP with a different firmware.
    I played previously the North American version using the 4.01 POPS without problems. However, it doesn't quite feels like the same game at all. Never really tried running the Japanese edition.
    Good luck getting it working.