Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How long do you think it will take to hack the NGP?

Cheesetheif is offline Senior Member -Hacks Monk

Quote Originally Posted by ratface21 View Post
    If all the groups of hardcore modders actually make the effort to hack it it could be done within a month. But I suspect that Sony could crack down on people who use the modded systems this time and possible ban them, like they do with PS3 hackers.
    Hack it within a month, like the PS3 right?

UnŽestŽiŠted™

Zero is offline Ad Man -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesetheif View Post
    Hack it within a month, like the PS3 right?
    PS3 saved itself from the hardcore hackers thanks to Linux. The PS3's security was flawed from the beginning.

I would say Sony has probably learned their lesson, but with how badly they've been handling their online security; probably not.

Not to mention the entire hacking community hates them right now. That will probably be some motivation.

We'll see.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Inaudax is offline -Hacks Newbie

The Vita's processor has 4 cores of which the 3 cores will be used for games/apps, whereas the 4th core will be mainly used for security (HV) - just like the PS3.

So, it definitely will take a while for Vita to become fully hacked. However, I believe that Vita will get hacked faster than PS3 because of all of the new features that Vita brings: e.g. more powerful graphics, six axis motion, multi-screen touch, back rear touch, camera (kinect), etc. Imagine the homebrew possibilities with these new features? So these will certainly motivate hackers to hack the Vita faster.

Cheesetheif is offline Senior Member -Hacks Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Inaudax View Post
    The Vita's processor has 4 cores of which the 3 cores will be used for games/apps, whereas the 4th core will be mainly used for security (HV) - just like the PS3.

So, it definitely will take a while for Vita to become fully hacked. However, I believe that Vita will get hacked faster than PS3 because of all of the new features that Vita brings: e.g. more powerful graphics, six axis motion, multi-screen touch, back rear touch, camera (kinect), etc. Imagine the homebrew possibilities with these new features? So these will certainly motivate hackers to hack the Vita faster.
    So all of the new features that the PS3 brought, did not motivate them enough to hack it as fast?

UnŽestŽiŠted™

Jsamp is offline Outa time -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by ratface21 View Post
    If all the groups of hardcore modders actually make the effort to hack it it could be done within a month. But I suspect that Sony could crack down on people who use the modded systems this time and possible ban them, like they do with PS3 hackers.
    Still wishful thinking and its obvious you dont know what you are talking about. Sony doesnt ban PS3 consoles so that is a false statement. They dont need to ban because hacked consoles cant get online anyway. When they do Sony will just block that method by doing the firmware game. If your on hacked firmware your banning yourself from PSN plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesetheif View Post
    So all of the new features that the PS3 brought, did not motivate them enough to hack it as fast?
    Because PS3 already had Linux? Linux = homebrew apps. So with Linux, there were no reason for professional hackers to hack PS3 at all. As you may be aware, most hackers have no interest in piracy - so they didn't hack the PS3 to enable piracy.

After the removal of Linux, now the hackers had a good reason to hack the PS3 and they did it.

So, the Vita probably won't have any offical support for homebrew (Linux), and well there you go...

Quote Originally Posted by Inaudax View Post
    Because PS3 already had Linux? Linux = homebrew apps. So with Linux, there were no reason for professional hackers to hack PS3 at all. As you may be aware, most hackers have no interest in piracy - so they didn't hack the PS3 to enable piracy.
    Wrong again. Linux is a PC OS its not called homebrew on an OS that can natively run programmers code. Homebrew is what you have on the PSP that is in Sony's eyes unauthorized. So with your theory professional programmers make "homebrew" for Windows/Linux/Mac. Even though there was Linux access the GPU wasnt able to do 3D graphics it was locked up tight. LINUX SUCKED BALLS ON THE PS3!!! Sure you could play emulators such as SNES but 64 or PS1 emulators for get about it. Some hackers figured out a way to enable full RSX ability but Sony blocked that update. Even after they removed OtherOS it took over a year to get anything done. It will be over a year for the PSV they have learned from their mistakes I guarantee.

darkcat1 is offline -Hacks Newbie

honestly after some exec claimed their NGP/Vita card format was uncrackable I lost all hope. Who needs custom firmware when an updatable device similar to an R4 will do?

If a hacker can break the card format then it's DS lite pirate central again and well even Sony's own "Magic Gate"(PS2 memory cards, Memory Stick) is broken although I'm not sure how long that took.

The reason I wana see it "Jailbroken" is that I want to take the 3G away from At&T and use another company. AT&T has the worst network and their 2GB a month limit is totally bad for gaming as by the time you play online a mess you've eaten it all up in data packets...

I could care less about the 3G connectivity. If the Vita will still have adhoc connectivity I will be able to play over a 3G network without a 3G Vita. Rooted Galaxy S, Wireless tether, Verizon unlimited data = 3G network connectivity on a wifi only model. Amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by Jsamp View Post
    Wrong again. Linux is a PC OS its not called homebrew on an OS that can natively run programmers code.

Homebrew is what you have on the PSP that is in Sony's eyes unauthorized. So with your theory professional programmers make "homebrew" for Windows/Linux/Mac.
    No, I'm not wrong and you're missing the point. Homebrew = unsigned. Linux = pretty much unsigned. The defintion of "homebrew" is not 100% "unauthorized".

Programmers had the freedom to write thier own applications on thier PS3s, thanks to Linux. So at that point, why should they bother wasting time hacking the GameOS partition just to serve the same purpose "running unsigned code"?

Yes, the 3d rendering feature was limited but it wasn't that of a big deal - not many programmers were interested in rendering 3D.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsamp
    LINUX SUCKED BALLS ON THE PS3!!! Sure you could play emulators such as SNES but 64 or PS1 emulators for get about it.
    Sucked balls? Sorry but what makes you think that the available PS3 linux apps were mostly emulators and that's it? There's A LOT of different PS3 linux apps out there; not just emulators. PS3 linux as a server does certainly not suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsamp
    Some hackers figured out a way to enable full RSX ability but Sony blocked that update. Even after they removed OtherOS it took over a year to get anything done. It will be over a year for the PSV they have learned from their mistakes I guarantee.
    Actually, it's much less than a year for PS3 to get hacked after the removal of OtherOS. PSJAILBREAK came to light after a few months since the removal. If you think that was a pure coincidence, think again.

I can bet $$$$ that if Sony didn't remove Linux, PS3 would be hacked a LOT longer.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast