Thread: Questions about PS Vita

iluvVitahax is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default Questions about PS Vita

Hi! I was hoping someone could help me out here. I have a few questions that I couldn't find just by looking around, but I've probably missed something, so if someone could point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it.

1. I have a Vita on 2.12. I don't want to update it, as I'm looking forward to the next exploit. But how do I go about putting games on it without updating it(please note: purchased games from playstation store)? Would I just use Open CMA?
    2. Do Vita games purchased work on all firmwares or are they released needing a firmware update to work?
    3. This is similar to question 1. I have read about the gameocracy exploit, but have gotten my Vita too late to get it officially. Can I install it with just Open CMA? Or do I have to wait to get an exploit officially from the store to use it?

Whatever works for me. Answers, links to videos or threads that have answered this question, all will work.

Thanks so much for all your time in advance!!!!!

dm646 is offline Moderator -Hacks Ninja

i would just update and wait for the next exploit imo but thats just me..Wagic, Half-Byte Loader, PSP / PS Vita Programming, and Homebrews ∑ Wololo.net
    THREAD RULES:
    donít bash anyone asking for help
    donít use this thread to start a flame war
    donít use unsuitable language (this is a child friendly thread)
    if you find an error with this thread please post it in red (like this line) with your help we will keep any brick possibilities to a minimum
    Do not use red for anything else.

iluvVitahax is offline -Hacks Newbie

So based on what you're saying, there is no way to get my games from the Playstation store otherwise? Cause the only update I can update to at this point seems to be 2.61, which apparently is really bad. Is there really no way to get my games from the store to my Vita without updating it? Do I have to activate my Vita for this to work?

So I went and updated my Vita to 2.61 with the understanding that the only ways to install games from the playstation store is to update my software. But going forward, in the future, if I want to stay on a firmware that's exploitable, but I still want to purchase games from the playstation store and play them, how would I do that? Does the playstation store just require an activated ps vita to download content, or will it force me to update when there is one and there is a game I want to purchase?
    Last edited by iluvVitahax; 09-12-2013 at 12:19 AM. Reason: update

dm646 is offline Moderator -Hacks Ninja

if your on an older fw and try to connect to the store it wont let you use the store until you update its best to have 2 vitas if you can then you can have one for psp/homebrew *granted theres been more user mode exploits then the rare kernal psp backup exploits*
    THREAD RULES:
    donít bash anyone asking for help
    donít use this thread to start a flame war
    donít use unsuitable language (this is a child friendly thread)
    if you find an error with this thread please post it in red (like this line) with your help we will keep any brick possibilities to a minimum
    Do not use red for anything else.

kathipearl is offline -Hacks Newbie

Anything above 2.06 is non-hackable. Actually, its not even a hack. Just a usermode exploit.

katt