Thread: PS3 Case Modding

Worldsocold12 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default PS3 Case Modding

So I fixed my PS3 60 gig YLOD by re flowing it and applying new thermal compound, I then installed 3.55 update and kmeaw's CFW. So my question is how do I keep hacked PS3 from overheating? I've looked on Youtube and a few people have cut holes in the bottoms of there PS3s for more air flow. Would this actually work? What other Mods could I use to keep it from over heating? Extra fan? Id even use a modded PC Case if needed, I don't want this thing to overheat again!

Pooky_187 is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

how bout buying a mini fridge cut holes to run PS3 wires into then fill the holes with wires in them so theres no way for air to go out the holes then have PS3 running why in that mini fridge that should do it LOL
    Gamer Since 1988 ~ 23+yrs as a GAMER

ERIFNOMI is offline oops -Hacks Titan

I actually thought about doing that once pooky. But you'd get condensation...

You should build a custom case for your PS3. Some company made waterblocks once. I don't think they still make them though.

Worldsocold12 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Pooky_187 View Post
    how bout buying a mini fridge cut holes to run PS3 wires into then fill the holes with wires in them so theres no way for air to go out the holes then have PS3 running why in that mini fridge that should do it LOL
    Well that sounds like the solution doesn't it? Now the real challenge is being able to fit my beer in the fridge too

spacewiz is offline -Hacks Veteran

You could just try putting it in a well ventilated area. I've never had a probably with my ps3 getting to hot
    PS3 : 300gb : 4.41 OFW
    PSP-1000 : 6.60 PRO-C Fix 3
    DSi : acekard2i - AKAIO 1.8.9

VuZuW is offline -Hacks Guru

You could install a fan controller and Temperature LED display and keep an eye out, use good thermal paste like IC Diamond (has actual micronized diamond), maybe try a water-cooling system if you're a hardcore hardware-freak?

dm646 is offline Moderator -Hacks Ninja

idk how well this would work with ps3's cause of the curved design of the top but on the 360's most people would cut holes in the top and put either one or 2 fans in there and somehow run the power off the board

but if you follow your idea about the holes in the bottom i would put a couple of fans if you can find some that will work

thats just my 2 cents
    THREAD RULES:
    don’t bash anyone asking for help
    don’t use this thread to start a flame war
    don’t use unsuitable language (this is a child friendly thread)
    if you find an error with this thread please post it in red (like this line) with your help we will keep any brick possibilities to a minimum
    Do not use red for anything else.

WeedZ1985 is offline Poof -Hacks Enthusiast

rest it on your AC vents