Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Homebrew or Emulation for XBOX 360

  
  1. #1
    jinkira is offline -Hacks Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Homebrew or Emulation for XBOX 360

    ok guys I am new to the site and well been searching almost every forum to see if this is being or has been done

    Basically the PS3 is by far the most powerful console on the market does'nt matter what model you have (plainly due to cell technology and the GPU, but I stand corrected) so my thing whats stopping us PS3 users from playing XBox games on PS3

    So plain question is it being done?


  2. #2
    ERIFNOMI is offline oops -Hacks Titan
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4,384
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    HAHAHA PS3 is not really more powerful than the 360. Stop reading the hype.

    The CELL is powerful AT SOME THINGS in the same way a GPU is powerful AT SOME THINGS. It's really a specialized CPU which I think makes it a dumb choice as a CPU in a game console.

    The GPU is actually inferior to the 360's GPU in many ways.

    To emulate a system with full speed and compatibility, you're looking at maybe 10x the power of the system you want to emulate. The PS3 isn't anymore powerful than the 360. Look at the emulator we have now. We don't even have emulators for last gen. Hell, we don't even have emulators for the generation before that.

    Just buy a 360. Games which come out on both 360 and PS3 look better on the 360 thanks to the optimization needed to run on PS3 and the 360's superior GPU. Emulating the 360 is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. Unfortunately, I think you're the second person to ask this here.

  3. #3
    Jsamp is offline Outa time -Hacks Titan
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,305
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    It will never happen.

  4. #4
    Mr_WoRRieD is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,691
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jinkira View Post
    whats stopping us PS3 users from playing XBox games on PS3
    what do you think we have been doing the last 3 years..... playing Xbox 360 ports.....lol

  5. #5
    hamtah is offline -Hacks Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Basement
    Posts
    551
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ERIFNOMI View Post
    HAHAHA PS3 is not really more powerful than the 360. Stop reading the hype.

    The CELL is powerful AT SOME THINGS in the same way a GPU is powerful AT SOME THINGS. It's really a specialized CPU which I think makes it a dumb choice as a CPU in a game console.

    The GPU is actually inferior to the 360's GPU in many ways.

    To emulate a system with full speed and compatibility, you're looking at maybe 10x the power of the system you want to emulate. The PS3 isn't anymore powerful than the 360. Look at the emulator we have now. We don't even have emulators for last gen. Hell, we don't even have emulators for the generation before that.

    Just buy a 360. Games which come out on both 360 and PS3 look better on the 360 thanks to the optimization needed to run on PS3 and the 360's superior GPU. Emulating the 360 is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. Unfortunately, I think you're the second person to ask this here.
    Don't get to happy, fanboy; the XBOX 360 can't emulate the PS3 either. The PS3 has blueray, which those idiot game developers out there take no use of. And the PS3 is capable of running Linux. Now lets see if there is as little as support for the XBOX 360 in OtherOS capability? No. Does it have Blueray which kills DVD? No. So if I were you, I wouldn't be so happy that the XBOX 360 is more powerful than the PS3. I can agree to you on it being more powerful, but it is not like that the XBOX 360 can emulate a PS3. It will take the XBOX 360 10x power too.

    Anyways, the only two things I like about the XBOX 360 is, 1. Graphics, and 2. Adding a decimal in "360" makes anything superior (3.60 OFW)

  6. #6
    ERIFNOMI is offline oops -Hacks Titan
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4,384
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hamtah View Post
    Don't get to happy, fanboy; the XBOX 360 can't emulate the PS3 either. The PS3 has blueray, which those idiot game developers out there take no use of. And the PS3 is capable of running Linux. Now lets see if there is as little as support for the XBOX 360 in OtherOS capability? No. Does it have Blueray which kills DVD? No. So if I were you, I wouldn't be so happy that the XBOX 360 is more powerful than the PS3. I can agree to you on it being more powerful, but it is not like that the XBOX 360 can emulate a PS3. It will take the XBOX 360 10x power too.

    Anyways, the only two things I like about the XBOX 360 is, 1. Graphics, and 2. Adding a decimal in "360" makes anything superior (3.60 OFW)
    Hamtah STFU. Do I look like a fanboy? I was stated why it will never happen. I didn't say the 360 could emulate a PS3. I don't know why you would want to emulate a console in the same generation anyway. Most games are released for both consoles.

    You're the huge ass fanboy. BD this, OtherOS that.

    I have my PS3 almost exclusively for BD movies. And OtherOS doesn't officially work on PS3 either. It's homebrew now. Guess what! The 360 has homebrew too! A bit of linux too if I'm not mistaken.

    I'm seriously tired of your trolling. I get on here mostly to read some news. I pop into the forums and don't mind helping a few people out. But then I see your god damn posts always talking down to someone. Don't start talking down to me, I won't take that shit.

  7. #7
    hamtah is offline -Hacks Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Basement
    Posts
    551
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ERIFNOMI View Post
    Hamtah STFU. Do I look like a fanboy? I was stated why it will never happen. I didn't say the 360 could emulate a PS3. I don't know why you would want to emulate a console in the same generation anyway. Most games are released for both consoles.

    You're the huge ass fanboy. BD this, OtherOS that.

    I have my PS3 almost exclusively for BD movies. And OtherOS doesn't officially work on PS3 either. It's homebrew now. Guess what! The 360 has homebrew too! A bit of linux too if I'm not mistaken.

    I'm seriously tired of your trolling. I get on here mostly to read some news. I pop into the forums and don't mind helping a few people out. But then I see your god damn posts always talking down to someone. Don't start talking down to me, I won't take that shit.
    Trolling? Are you serious? I didn't mean to "insult" you, I was actually just calling you a fanboy as a joke. And do you really think I get entertainment from insulting people? I never EVER in my life have insulted someone intentionally. And then here you are being insulted what was meant to be a joke, taking it as the worst thing a man could say. Anyways, sorry if you took it as I was "trolling" you, I didn't mean it AT ALL.

  8. #8
    ERIFNOMI is offline oops -Hacks Titan
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4,384
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hamtah View Post
    Trolling? Are you serious? I didn't mean to "insult" you, I was actually just calling you a fanboy as a joke. And do you really think I get entertainment from insulting people? I never EVER in my life have insulted someone intentionally. And then here you are being insulted what was meant to be a joke, taking it as the worst thing a man could say. Anyways, sorry if you took it as I was "trolling" you, I didn't mean it AT ALL.
    I'm sure you can understand. It's not the first time you've been taken this way. Must be your writing style or something.

  9. #9
    Powerslave is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    7,900
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Right, for the first three years, PS3 was playing XB360 ports. However, due to the coding necessary on PS3, the developers found that the REQUIRED highly optimized code, runs much better on XB360, therefore, the games were better. There are only the FMV sequence exceptions, due to the XB360 space limitation on the optical drive. The PS3's BR-D can store much more higher resolution video content, the XB360 DVD cannot. That is why Final Fantasy FMVs on the PS3 are WAY better than on the XB360, because they are compressed.

    Also, hamtah, ERIFNOMI never said the PS3 would emulate the Xbox360, so calling him a fanboy then saying that, was a total misread by you. For some reason, people take offense to the word fan-boy, and probably because BOY is in it. You can't say Fanman, sounds dumb, but fanboy is an insult to their masculinity.

    And jinkira? the PS3 is not the most powerful game machine in the market today! You have an 9 core machine (1 PPE, 8 SPEs), SIX used for gaming, 1 used for the Game O/S, 1 reserved. The SPEs are single thread cores, with 32k of local stores. The Xbox360, is a three core, DUAL thread per core, with 1MB cache . IT evens out the way the CELL is used for games in PS3. The PS3 is capable of twice the TFLOPS of the XB360, but the in order code execution over each SPE, with the PPE controlling them all, with so much overhead, and virtually no cache (it's called local stores); is why it lacks. The GPU is also a bottleneck, because it has no eDRAM, the Xbox360's GPU has 10Mb of eDRAM. The PS3 is 512MB, at 256MB per processor. The XB360 is 512MB, unified memory. SO, if the CPU needs less RAM, the GPU can use it for graphics. The PS3 cannot get more than 256MB, period.

    This has been hashed over and over again. They are quite even as far as game play is concerned. With the game developed for the PS3 first, then put on XB360, the code executes faster, because of the optimization that HAD to have been done already. Therefore, you get a smoother playing game on 360, than on PS3.

    Say what you will, about either console, the 360 has more games, better support, and less features removed...

  10. #10
    hamtah is offline -Hacks Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Basement
    Posts
    551
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ERIFNOMI View Post
    I'm sure you can understand. It's not the first time you've been taken this way. Must be your writing style or something.
    I do understand. And it is the first time I have been taking this way on the in this forum. I've been writing like this ever since I started on the Internet. I think it does have to do with my writing style "sounding" like I'm insulting someone.


    Quote Originally Posted by Powerslave View Post
    Right, for the first three years, PS3 was playing XB360 ports. However, due to the coding necessary on PS3, the developers found that the REQUIRED highly optimized code, runs much better on XB360, therefore, the games were better. There are only the FMV sequence exceptions, due to the XB360 space limitation on the optical drive. The PS3's BR-D can store much more higher resolution video content, the XB360 DVD cannot. That is why Final Fantasy FMVs on the PS3 are WAY better than on the XB360, because they are compressed.

    Also, hamtah, ERIFNOMI never said the PS3 would emulate the Xbox360, so calling him a fanboy then saying that, was a total misread by you. For some reason, people take offense to the word fan-boy, and probably because BOY is in it. You can't say Fanman, sounds dumb, but fanboy is an insult to their masculinity.

    And jinkira? the PS3 is not the most powerful game machine in the market today! You have an 9 core machine (1 PPE, 8 SPEs), SIX used for gaming, 1 used for the Game O/S, 1 reserved. The SPEs are single thread cores, with 32k of local stores. The Xbox360, is a three core, DUAL thread per core, with 1MB cache . IT evens out the way the CELL is used for games in PS3. The PS3 is capable of twice the TFLOPS of the XB360, but the in order code execution over each SPE, with the PPE controlling them all, with so much overhead, and virtually no cache (it's called local stores); is why it lacks. The GPU is also a bottleneck, because it has no eDRAM, the Xbox360's GPU has 10Mb of eDRAM. The PS3 is 512MB, at 256MB per processor. The XB360 is 512MB, unified memory. SO, if the CPU needs less RAM, the GPU can use it for graphics. The PS3 cannot get more than 256MB, period.

    This has been hashed over and over again. They are quite even as far as game play is concerned. With the game developed for the PS3 first, then put on XB360, the code executes faster, because of the optimization that HAD to have been done already. Therefore, you get a smoother playing game on 360, than on PS3.

    Say what you will, about either console, the 360 has more games, better support, and less features removed...
    So your saying that the games are first developed for the PS3 and then are just optimized to work with the XBOX 360? I mean, I do get your point the game will run smoother because there is no need for HD graphics, and perfect ism.
    Last edited by hamtah; 04-19-2011 at 08:11 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •