The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!

Would you like to get all the new buzz from Dashhacks in your email each day?

Want to learn more about the team who brings you the Dash Hacks news?

Read about them now!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: PS3 and Xbox 360 OS Dump.

Jsamp is offline Outa time -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by xxwikkixx View Post
    U said "PS3 cant emulate xbox 360"

are u telling me that it is a hardware restriction or a software restriction?
    Because you need about 10x the computing power of said system to emulate another system. On top of that the 360 has twice the video ram of the PS3 and performance wise the PS3/360 CPUs are about equal. I believe the PS3 CPU out performs the 360 CPU slightly but not by much at all.

wikki dont double post. The edit button is there for a reason.

is google broken? Cant find how to get a NAND backup? Its not going to be as easy as you make it out to be whch shows you have no clue how this is going to work. Its not but keep trying if you wish. It took years to get the PS3 hacked and you think its going to be that easy? HAHAHA

btw welcome to the forum
    Last edited by Jsamp; 04-19-2011 at 10:49 PM.

ERIFNOMI is offline oops -Hacks Titan

HAHAHAhahaha. This needs to be on the top of the humiliation thread.

I don't want to be mean but you're so serious as to ask how to dump the FW of the PS3 and 360 so you have it coming.

Imagine trying to instal Mac OSX on a PC. Now, make that the PowerPC version of Mac OS on an intel PC. Now, make the PC a computer built by someone else without knowing any of the specs. Imagine that now it has set fire and you have 4 seconds to figure out how to do this before it all melts. Can you see how impossible that is?

Well, it's a hell of a lot more likely than dual booting PS3 and 360 on a PS3.

EDIT:More
    the only "fucking" clue i dont have is how to get the "fucking" nand of the "fucking" consoles.

that all i am asking...god damn
    No, you have less of a clue than that mate.

Rewdboy05 is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Hacker

I have to wonder, considering the sudden rush of threads like this after the merge, whether this caliber thread was normal over on the 360 forum or if this is just what you get when you mix a PS3 community with a 360 community...
    Last edited by Rewdboy05; 04-19-2011 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Punctuation...

ERIFNOMI is offline oops -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Rewdboy05 View Post
    I have to wonder considering the sudden rush of threads like this after the merge whether this caliber thread was normal over on the 360 forum or if this is just what you get when you mix a PS3 community with a 360 community...
    There were some serious idiots over at 360-hacks. I stopped going there. I have a llegit 360 anyway.

Ok guys I have very little, actually no knowledge, of the PS3 and 360 hardware. I dont even know whats the restriction of the PS3 being able to emulate the 360 game is. I'll tell you what though Im going to dump the NAND and make a custom bootloader so it will boot the PS3, 360, Windows, Linux and Mac OS's. Get ready this release is gonna be HUGE!!

xxwikkixx is offline -Hacks Newbie

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Jsamp View Post
    Ok guys I have very little, actually no knowledge, of the PS3 and 360 hardware. I dont even know whats the restriction of the PS3 being able to emulate the 360 game is. I'll tell you what though Im going to dump the NAND and make a custom bootloader so it will boot the PS3, 360, Windows, Linux and Mac OS's. Get ready this release is gonna be HUGE!!
    FIRST OF ALL U ARE A DICK. PERIOD

NOW I WASNT EVEN TALKING ABOUT INSTALLING FKN WINDOWS ON THE FKN PS3. ALL I ASK WERE SOME QUESTION THAT U DUMB FUCKS HAVE NO ANSWER FOR, AND ALL U CAN DO IS MAKE FUN AND LAUGH.......I DONT KNOW WHY U ARE EVEN A MOD ON THIS WEBSITE WHEN U DONT EVEN HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE.

YES I AM NEW AND I AM LEARNING...............GOD DAMN

TAKE MY ADVICE IF U CANT HELP THEN SERIOUSLY.

Is posting in all caps really necessary? Btw I never resorted to name calling? But thank you yes Im a dick. We get these types of threads all the time. "Great ideas" but people that dont have a clue. The type of hacks you are trying to perform are most likely out of the most of our skill level. You should also did some more research before you making this topic.

The 360 NAND was dump-able at one time. Its required to dump the NAND to jtag them. MS fixed it with an update. The Infectus chip also doesnt dump NAND on newer firmwares. It was fixed a long time ago. You asked how to dump the NAND for the systems. If you would have googled you would have found the infectus and 360 nand flasher thing and wouldnt ask us how to? Trust me if your asking that now you have a long road to go. IT WILL NOT be easy peasy. Do you even know how to program?

Demonchild is offline #thatguy -Hacks Titan

ALL I ASK WERE SOME QUESTION THAT U DUMB FUCKS HAVE NO ANSWER FOR
    And we answered. I said use a NAND Reader and Powerslave followed up by saying go grab an Infectus NAND Programmer to read/write the NAND of the PS3/Xbox 360.

http://www.modchipcentral.com/store/infectus-2-kit.html

Tutorials: http://www.infectus.biz/tutorials.php

Guide for M33 firmwares | Install DCv8 |PS3 Hacking Thread

PSP: 6.60 PRO-B10 | PS3: 4.30 | Xbox: LT+ v3.0 [Li-On] | G2x: CM 7.2 Nightly
    Twitter

xxwikkixx is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Jsamp View Post
    Is posting in all caps really necessary? Btw I never resorted to name calling? But thank you yes Im a dick. We get these types of threads all the time. "Great ideas" but people that dont have a clue. The type of hacks you are trying to perform are most likely out of the most of our skill level. You should also did some more research before you making this topic.

The 360 NAND was dump-able at one time. Its required to dump the NAND to jtag them. MS fixed it with an update. The Infectus chip also doesnt dump NAND on newer firmwares. It was fixed a long time ago. You asked how to dump the NAND for the systems. If you would have googled you would have found the infectus and 360 nand flasher thing and wouldnt ask us how to? Trust me if your asking that now you have a long road to go. IT WILL NOT be easy peasy. Do you even know how to program?
    now this is a better way to reply THANK YOU. i did my research before posting here but there was too many things that got me confused. there were alot of nand dumping devices and software and stuff. i have a really old xbox 360 sitting in my basement that was never connected to the internet and updated so i would like to do some experiment on it. yes i know how to program...even though i am not an expert and not too basic....i know C++ and C#, and visual basic(No use for this though), and i know some basic basic linux.

I am a 17 year old teen who likes hacking.
    Last edited by xxwikkixx; 04-19-2011 at 11:50 PM.

You should try programming some homebrew stuff for the PS3 1st to get an idea of how it works. There is an open source PS3 dev kit called PSl1ght out there. Hell maybe you can even tackle themes if your good with photoshop. Figure out how to edit the rco's like on the PSP to make custom themes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast