Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: PS3 and Xbox 360 OS Dump.

xxwikkixx is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Jsamp View Post
    You should try programming some homebrew stuff for the PS3 1st to get an idea of how it works. There is an open source PS3 dev kit called PSl1ght out there. Hell maybe you can even tackle themes if your good with photoshop. Figure out how to edit the rco's like on the PSP to make custom themes.
    Thanks for the jump start ideas. i will try to make some kind of homebrew but i need ideas.

Powerslave is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

IF anyone would care to read up on how emulating another system WORKS, you'd know why the PS3 cannot emulate an Xbox360.

First and FOREMOST, yes, it is a hardware restriction, because the PS3 memory architecture is split, 256/256. Xbox360 uses UNIFIED memory architecture, thus the amount of memory allotted to either processor can be MORE than 256MB, thus PS3 fails from the start. PLUS the 10MB of eDRAM the GPU has, that the RSX does not - FAIL. Then on top of their near equality in performance running games - FAIL.

This was in another thread, was it not? Yeah, I wrote it there...

STOP already, if you want to dump nands, you need the infectus product. It will do you NO GOOD, but good luck... You won't get past the first 16Mb of the PS3 nand.

Locosiete is offline -Hacks Newbie

I had a idea like this a while ago so yeah if someone could do it ib be pretty sweet. Course what stop me from even looking about trying to do it was the fact that do you think a company would make it that easy to just download their OS? If you could get a OS to run on a PC that easy someone would have done that a long time ago and the. PS3 hacking community would be 10 times further than it is now.

So while I like your idea I know it is not a practical one. If you really want to make a homebrew allot of people would like and use is something like multiman but for movies or just a way to rip to PS3 directly. Lord knows it save me the hassle of my kids scattering disk everywhere each time they watch movie and getting them scratched up

Mr_WoRRieD is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Guru

you will never know what i was about to say.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3